Wix warranty?

1693337484316.jpg

That filter was messed up from the get-go.

Well then QC really missed one. At least it was easy to spot, shouldn't have even been sent out from the factory if that's what happened. I wouldn't even want to think about if it separated after it was installed...

Anyone try claiming warranty via Wix? My last Wix XP oil filter I have I just opened and it looks like it is splitting along the crimped on end cap :(
I've never seen a filter do this. It doesn't look like there was any damage to it... doesn't look like it was crushed or anything so dunno what to think...
Anyone have an insight in their warranty claims?

View attachment 174787View attachment 174788
A little duct tape would fix that in seconds!

I got the new filter today, was nice of them to send it so fast. :)

This one has a date code on the dome, I wonder why the old didn't?! They both seem identical otherwise...

I got the new filter today, was nice of them to send it so fast. :)

This one has a date code on the dome, I wonder why the old didn't?! They both seem identical otherwise...
Just got 5 new XPs with the longer part number last month…didn’t check any of them..good to hear they replaced the bad one…

I tried to pull this defective one apart and was able to open it up about 1" with my hands and some prying!! So glad I didn't put it on the car, what a mess that would have been!!!

Back