Wix warranty?

Anyone try claiming warranty via Wix? My last Wix XP oil filter I have I just opened and it looks like it is splitting along the crimped on end cap :(
I've never seen a filter do this. It doesn't look like there was any damage to it... doesn't look like it was crushed or anything so dunno what to think...
Anyone have an insight in their warranty claims?

20230824_184757.jpg
20230824_184746.jpg

They might want to see the pics and or ask for the filter to be sent to them. Contact their customer service.

That’s not good.
Yes, I've contacted them via their website but was hoping for any insight etc into anyone trying to claim warranty and how it went. Their first email I submitted to Canadian sales bounced back (550) but it looks like their support one didn't.

It's not a huge deal ultimately as they are only like $10+shipping (I usually buy a bunch to have on hand, but this was my last one.) I did the oil change with a Mopar filter I had.

Anyone try claiming warranty via Wix? My last Wix XP oil filter I have I just opened and it looks like it is splitting along the crimped on end cap :(
I've never seen a filter do this. It doesn't look like there was any damage to it... doesn't look like it was crushed or anything so dunno what to think...
Anyone have an insight in their warranty claims?

View attachment 174787View attachment 174788
Where did you buy the filter? Have an option of returning it for a refund?

That seam looks scary, I wouldn't use it on my vehicle. Don't take the risk of it opening up under oil pressure and puking oil everywhere.

Oh yes, forgot to add that... I bought it at RockAuto, but it was in bulk and this was the last of mine from 2021.
I need to reorder, but not totally sure if I'm going Wix XPs again or ??!

I don't plan on using it, waiting to hear if they reply with anything they can/will do... :)

Anyone know why this filter doesn't have a date code?! All I can find printed on it anywhere is 00000 on the flat end by the rubber gasket, no other numbers anywhere and they are asking for the date code :/

Anyone know why this filter doesn't have a date code?! All I can find printed on it anywhere is 00000 on the flat end by the rubber gasket, no other numbers anywhere and they are asking for the date code :/
Nothing on the dome end of the filter?

Back