Wix 57060 - 9,000 miles Cut Open - Jeep Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Cut open the Wix filter I put on my mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot 2.0L last August or September. Has around 9,000 miles on it. Used Castrol GTX SynBlend, let it go a little too far for my taste. 59,700 miles on the car.

The other week the dealer had it and changed the oil pan gasket, so it got new oil but they didn't change the filter. About 100 miles on the new oil with this filter. Replaced with Quaker State Advanced Durability 5w20 & a MicroGaurd filter for a short change, maybe 2-3k miles. Got the Quaker State a couple months ago at Kmart on clearance for $2.00 for the jug.
thumbsup2.gif

The chunks in the filter are grainy when I touched them, they aren't solid. They're also magnetic...
frown.gif

24vjfnl.jpg

33wwox1.jpg

jhy3jq.jpg

2iqg95v.jpg

2yyc9hy.jpg

2rpcz8l.jpg

It literally caught rocks! LOL j/k. Did you just do an intake gasket or something? Maybe it's old RTV?

Originally Posted By: KingCake
It literally caught rocks! LOL j/k. Did you just do an intake gasket or something? Maybe it's old RTV?
Dealer did oil pan gasket and timing chain cover gasket and left the old filter on, 100 miles later I changed the oil.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: KingCake
Dealer did oil pan gasket and timing chain cover gasket and left the old filter on, 100 miles later I changed the oil.

So maybe it is sealer? That's kind of a lot. How hard is it to drop the pan on those? Might want to check the sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back