WIX #57060, 2014 RAM truck, 9,899.3k CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self explanatory here. Mileage was almost 10,000 MILES and oil was SM PP 0w20. Majority of driving is highway and some hauling. Re filled with some PPPP "pure plus" 0w20 and another WIX #57060. Enjoy the pics and questions ask. Vehicle is a 2014 RAM truck extended cab 4X4 "HEMI"

2qlefxg.jpg

mv1e7q.jpg

eprnh0.jpg

s3d3dy.jpg

4zxq47.jpg

16bdm4m.jpg

35izw3o.jpg

b914x.jpg

mhvkpj.jpg

5v6m1k.jpg

htad8z.jpg

oi62v8.jpg

One thing about Wix is that they make great filters in their whole line only problem with Wix in New Jersey is the average D.I.Y. cant buy wix anywhere but expensive auto parts stores and nobody wants to do that. If they sold them in Wal Mart or maybe K mart at a reasonable price they would sell like hot cakes.

I get them from my filter dealer at the shop for about a year or so after getting rid of the group 7 (purolaters) because of their quality issues.. The Wix filters are my choice because of their quality and their honesty

Donnyj08: yeah, I have 6 of em' for the 11' Focus of mine

Crazyoildude: I can get the WIX' at a mom&pop store back home and a place called Station Auto and Service near my house for around $4.89 each

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
only problem with Wix in New Jersey is the average D.I.Y. cant buy wix anywhere but expensive auto parts stores and nobody wants to do that. If they sold them in Wal Mart or maybe K mart at a reasonable price they would sell like hot cakes.

Same here. Only place that sells Wix is O'Reilly and they're expensive there,plus they're always in ancient,beat up,crushed,cut up,and dusty boxes. What's the dealio with Wix as to why no one carries them?

One thing about Wix is that they make great filters in their whole line only problem with Wix in New Jersey is the average D.I.Y. cant buy wix anywhere but expensive auto parts stores and nobody wants to do that. If they sold them in Wal Mart or maybe K mart at a reasonable price they would sell like hot cakes.

The Wix filters are my choice because of their quality and their honesty

Your comment helps to define the difference between commercial aftermarket filter manufacturers and companies like Wix and Baldwin (Clarcor).

Commercial aftermarket filter manufacturers like Purolator and FRAM are racing to the bottom to capture both consumer and retailer's attention with low prices. They use value engineering to wring cost and, unfortunately, critical quality out of their products.

Wix and Baldwin, on the other hand, are focused on a different market segment that still demands high build quality to yield a solid, trustworthy oil filter.

Sure everyone can make a good $10-$15 oil filter. But for my money, a Wix/NAPA Gold oil filter is the benchmark for comparison for all the other filters.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

The Wix filters are my choice because of their quality and their honesty

Your comment helps to define the difference between commercial aftermarket filter manufacturers and companies like Wix and Baldwin (Clarcor).

Commercial aftermarket filter manufacturers like Purolator and FRAM are racing to the bottom to capture both consumer and retailer's attention with low prices. They use value engineering to wring cost and, unfortunately, critical quality out of their products.

Wix and Baldwin, on the other hand, are focused on a different market segment that still demands high build quality to yield a solid, trustworthy oil filter.

Sure everyone can make a good $10-$15 oil filter. But for my money, a Wix/NAPA Gold oil filter is the benchmark for comparison for all the other filters.

Very true story

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
only problem with Wix in New Jersey is the average D.I.Y. cant buy wix anywhere but expensive auto parts stores and nobody wants to do that. If they sold them in Wal Mart or maybe K mart at a reasonable price they would sell like hot cakes.

Same here. Only place that sells Wix is O'Reilly and they're expensive there,plus they're always in ancient,beat up,crushed,cut up,and dusty boxes. What's the dealio with Wix as to why no one carries them?

Napa filters are Wix, correct? So why not go to Napa? The Napa Platinum I put on my 2015 Hemi yesterday said it was a Wix product on the box.

Originally Posted By: Gwhaley262
Napa filters are Wix, correct?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back