Wireless Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used three wireless routers extensively since I started using wireless.

Two are Netgear, one 5+ years old, one only 1 year old. Both develop serious performance problems after running for 10+ hours, even using the ethernet wired ports. Both have problems supporting multiple wireless clients concurrently. No firmware updates are available. I have to reset them (unplug power) at least once a day.

I also have a cheap AirLink101 wireless g router that has run 24/7 without a hitch for 3+ years, with many wireless client connections.

No more Netgear for me.

I have an asus and a buffalotech router that work good.

I had a linksys wrt54g that worked for 5 years.. and a second one that went at 3 years.

I replaced it with a wrt54g2 and it had some issues until they fixed the firmware.. it works good now.

I have had some free after rebate dlinks that were horrid..
for example I had one 5XX model dlink that wouldnt stay connected with WPA security turned on.. with wep it worked fine.

Netgear seems hit or miss. They have really good models and straight garbage too.

Routers cost about 40-50$ for a good one. I would try a new router first.. and try using channel 1 6 or 11

I have an older gateway mt3707 laptop and it wont connect to the wrt54g on channel 11, 2 neighbors use channel 6.. and channel 1 works great in my house with plaster/wiremesh walls.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gradient
If it is an Intel Adapter, go to this Intel Site and download Intels latest driver (looks like the latest is 4/11/2008).

Bingo! Thanks Gradient, that did the trick! She's running fast now.

Tom NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back