Winterizing a 2019 Seadoo GTI 130 SE

This year I decided that I would do the winterizing of the 2019 Seadoo, instead of taking to our Northern Ontario marina for the service and storage. Reason for my DIY decision is that I want to remove the battery before storage, the marina said not having a battery in the boat really complicates the winterizing....seems pretty lame excuse in my opinion. I will do all the work myself and then as a last step take it to this marina and they can store the boat and trailer until next May 2023.

I have purchased the Seadoo branded 5W40 semi-synthetic oil and oil filter with 2 specific 0-rings as a kit, and also purchased the Seadoo adaptor to allow me to blow compressed air at 55psi into the exhaust blow out port per the guidance of the owners manual. Getting the oil, filter, blow out adaptor from Seadoo dealer will hopefully protect me as this thing is still under warranty.

The Seadoo has less than 80 hours - I can't recall the exact amount but I am certain that doing the spark plugs at this same time would be a waste of money.
I will put fuel stabilizer in the tank before it gets filled and then hauled out of the fresh water lake.

Question for the experts: I've seen some PWC winterizing videos that show people putting some winter anti-freeze into the exhaust port to keep it from freezing, this is done with that red stuff that is meant for protecting the p-traps and toilets for Northern cottages. My question is why would you need to do this if you have blown all the water out of the water-cooled exhaust manifold? it should be pretty dry inside that area, so is this overkill ? Yes, I know all about BITOG and overkill :giggle:

Thanks for your viewing and please let me know your thoughts.
Ken

Been following the owner manual procedure for winterization since my GTR 230 was new in 2018. It is stored in an attached garage that is not climate controlled all winter and does get below freezing, I’ve never had an issue in past 4 seasons with ice damage doing this process and will do the same this weekend before putting it away.

I winterize our 2 GTX 260s the same way every year. We get well below freezing temperatures all winter long. Change oil and filter. Put fuel stabilizer of choice in a full tank of non-ethanol premium fuel. I then run the ski filling it with pink RV antifreeze thru a garden hose with a funnel attached to it until it runs 100 % pink out the exhaust. About a gallon and a half. Done and done, no problems in the Spring.

Back