Winter Tire Videos - Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great videos!
Too bad they don't make a spray (or something else easy to apply) for the once-or-twice a year sleet/snow we have here.

they had such a product years ago, a spray can of alcohol, grit, and who knows what else. I remember using it when I was stuck, usually on ice. It helped a little, IIRC, in some situations. Don't remember who made it, several different brands.

We don't need no winter tires! I don't have to use any stinkin' winter tires! It's my right to spin out and smash into anyone !

the test itself is invalid.
By the looks of it, the first car had Pirelli winter tires
the second car had Bridgestone? winter tires.
All season tires also were completely different between cars. Theoretically this could be the reason for the outcome shown in the video. I do not doubt the recommendation however.

Originally Posted By: odessit
the test itself is invalid.
By the looks of it, the first car had Pirelli winter tires
the second car had Bridgestone? winter tires.
All season tires also were completely different between cars. Theoretically this could be the reason for the outcome shown in the video. I do not doubt the recommendation however.

The point is the difference between an all-season tires and a winter tire(I think Nokians by tread design). I happen to have two vehicles that weigh pretty close Subaru WRX(all-seasons) & Subaru Legacy(winter tires) and find the same thing is true on lateral traction and braking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back