Blizzak 6 Enliten Winter Tire

The well regarded Blizzak LM005 performance winter tire is being replaced by the strangely named Blizzak "6 ENLITEN".
Sometime this year I believe the Blizzak WS90 will also be replaced, by the WS100.

• According to independent TÜV SÜD tests, Bridgestone’s latest premium winter touring tyre is a top-rated tyre for snow braking and traction1, and offers the shortest stopping distance on wet roads.2
  • Successor to the 23-test-winning Bridgestone Blizzak LM005, the new flagship winter tyre delivers 32 per cent better mileage than its previous generation.3

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 8.04.30 AM.jpg

It would make sense that the WS100 would come out this year since I just bought my wife new WS90's last fall.

It looks like it is being introduced in May '24 to the European market. You are looking at Bridgestone EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa). Bridgestone, Continental, Nokian and others, typically release new tires to the European market first. We may get the new tire here in the NA (North American) market a year or two later, and most likely with a similar, but different name.

....Since 1993, Bridgestone Americas Inc. has been a primary sponsor of the school, now called the Bridgestone Winter Driving School. The company uses the school as a showcase for its Blizzak line of winter tires.

....Adams-Smith said that the company intends to launch a new all-terrain tire that will contain ENLITEN technology sometime this year. Also coming at a later date will be a new Blizzak tire that contains ENLITEN technology.

....For all of North America, Bridgestone estimates the winter tire market to be 11 million replacement units.

Bridgestone does not go into a lot of detail about what "Enliten Technology" is :

.....a variety of innovations in tread and compound design – including optimised pattern and compound matching, enhanced evenness in the tyre’s wear profile and optimised sipes distribution. The use of ENLITEN Technology also ensures that 25 per cent of the tyre is made using recycled and reusable materials....

Last edited:
Back