Windows 7 Forecast to Squash Vista Quickly, DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: punisher
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
....... and in the prefect world wait for Win 7 SP-1.

A man with experience I see. Anything "Microsoft", you always wait till "SP1" or later to adopt.

7 is Vista SP3.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Introducing Windows 7...

1) Takes 7 DVD's to load the bloated software on to your Hard Drive
2) Takes 7 hardware upgrades to get your computer ready for it
3) Takes 7 hours to install
4) Requires 7gb of Ram
5) Takes 7 calls to Microsoft Support to get it running right
6) Takes you 7 minutes to be completely frustrated with it's new features
7) Added 7 new useful features and added about 7 thousand changes for no good reason other than to $!@# you off.

I thought you were serious for a second!
LOL.gif

Gosh no... No seriousness here.
LOL.gif

I have been running the test version and I actually like it, but I don't see much worth the price versus Vista which is humming along fine on my laptop now that they have fixed it.
grin2.gif

In Vista (32 Ult.) I can "startup" (folder) task manager minimized in the 'tray' using a shortcut, and set it to always "show" -- and that works all the time.

In Win7 (64bit), I can fire up t-m the same way, but it winds up always 'hidden' in the tray, unless I manually reset it to show after every re-boot.

T-M is invaluable in determining if one or more cores is thrashing some errant process -- but Win 7 ain't gonna make it easy to use automatically.

Thanks MS.

Last edited:
Also I don't see any speed difference between Vista and 7 on the desktop. The 10k rpm drive probably helps.

The laptop with 2gig memory responded unbelievable well to 7. Vista was sludge on it.

7 should be popular, but I see businesses sticking with XP, as my employer will do until forced. Why break something that works well?

Can't you create a shortcut for the Task Manager and stick it in the Startup folder or thru MSConfig (I am assuming that these still exist in Win7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back