Windows 10 Creators Update now live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stopped updating Windows 10 for a while as every time I would update it after the Anniversary upgrade (I think it was that) Cortana which is almost useless to me and something else (I forget what) stopped working. I don't want workarounds so I revert back to a time before the upgrade and disable the update mechanism. I guess if this is a big upgrade I'll make a restore point and try it out and see. Thanks for the link!

Don't need to create a restore point. There is a Go Back option in the recovery section if you don't like, or have problems after the update.

I didn't realize that - Thanks! I don't ever remember seeing a Go Back option only a restore option. Is it there only right after you update and how long would it continue to be there?

Only issues I came across were video card driver settings being reset and duplicate Document, Music, etc Folders in the Personal Folder.

I've never seen a personal folder option in Windows 10. What is a personal folder and why do we need it?

Everything I've read about that's coming in this Update I don't use. Last two major updates neither. Just a bunch of karapola put on my computer that's useless to me. All I use a computer for is surfing, pics, bookmarks and a few work files.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I've never seen a personal folder option in Windows 10. What is a personal folder and why do we need it?

The C:\Users\[User Name] folder is what I meant. I have my personal files on a separate hard drive and I mapped My Documents, Music, etc shortcuts to the folders on the separate hard drive. File Explorer is detecting two My Documents, Music, etc and showing two shortcuts in the window.

Originally Posted By: NJ_Car_Owner
I didn't realize that - Thanks! I don't ever remember seeing a Go Back option only a restore option. Is it there only right after you update and how long would it continue to be there?

Yes it's there right after the update. I would think there would be no time limit on it, but am not absolutely sure.

Thanks for the link. Got it and it seems to be running great. Really decreased the time for Windows Hello facial recognition. MS did this one right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back