Windows 10 Update KB4497165

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Win10 Update KB4497165 came out yesterday, and is waiting to download and install on my machine. I searched to see what KB4497165 was about.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates

So looking at the info in the link, I can not find my Intel processor listed ... so why did I even get this update on my machine. Is there any way to NOT allow a Windows update to download and install in Windows 10? Should I let it install anyway if it's not applicable to my processor?

More info:
https://meterpreter.org/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates-for-windows-10-insider/

Every time an update comes out I get nervous on what's going to go wrong, lol.

It won't do anything installing it, It'll only update the Intel Microcode driver file, which won't be loaded if you're not using an applicable CPU.

I manage a patch cycle for a company with about 400 users. We are not large enough to have someone to test patches and release them to production.

We choose to apply all patches aged 14 days, so that MS can pull them back if there is a problem.

We have never had a problem using this method.

Originally Posted by JustinH
I manage a patch cycle for a company with about 400 users. We are not large enough to have someone to test patches and release them to production.

We choose to apply all patches aged 14 days, so that MS can pull them back if there is a problem.

Yeah, I've tried to get into the habit of holding updates from installing for at least a week.

Do you use WSUS or a different program?

Originally Posted by Pew

Do you use WSUS or a different program?

Quest KACE

Back