Will You Jump Someone Else's Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PWMDMD
Originally Posted by AC1DD
Where the [censored] do you people live?! I've been driving for 25 years and the first time I had to jumpstart a car was 2 years ago and it was one of my own cars in my driveway. The situation just hasn't presented itself otherwise....

The truth is that there are many people just barely getting by, many Americans don't even have 100$ in the bank right now.

I understand. I'm not saying I see people who need a jump and I've just ignored them for 25 years. I'm saying I simply have not seen or come across anyone who has needed a jump in 25 years. Based on this thread, it seems like you are all jumping people every other day...

I've had to give a boost at least once a year for the past 20 years of driving. I've needed a boost at least 3 times in 20 years. Usually from leaving lights on. Once because of a failed battery.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
Originally Posted by AC1DD
Where the [censored] do you people live?! I've been driving for 25 years and the first time I had to jumpstart a car was 2 years ago and it was one of my own cars in my driveway. The situation just hasn't presented itself otherwise....

The truth is that there are many people just barely getting by, many Americans don't even have 100$ in the bank right now.

I understand. I'm not saying I see people who need a jump and I've just ignored them for 25 years. I'm saying I simply have not seen or come across anyone who has needed a jump in 25 years. Based on this thread, it seems like you are all jumping people every other day...

I've had to give a boost at least once a year for the past 20 years of driving. I've needed a boost at least 3 times in 20 years. Usually from leaving lights on. Once because of a failed battery.

This is pretty much my experience. At a rate of one to two jumps per year max, it doesn't take many years to accumulate a pretty long list.

Note: this doesn't count the number of people I'm NOT able to help. On the very rare occasion that I'm not with my family, not in a rush, and see someone on the side of the road I'll stop mainly to see if they need a lift. I can check the obvious, but I'm no engine mechanic. I always refuse to give someone on the side of the highway a jump, for obvious reasons.

gathermewool That's a battery charger said:
Ah my mistake didn't realize they have chargers. This is what I have in my car:
[Linked Image from no.co]

Last edited:
I am happy to jump start someone's vehicle but I must connect and disconnect the cables myself. If they have a problem with that... bye!

No I will not now. I would've jump started other vehicles with my old Subaru, but the new gen F150 is supposedly sensitive to voltage fluctuations as far as the OBDII setup goes, so no. Not with the wife's GMC either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back