Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

Seriously though this vehicle is showing very well and the maintenance is proven. This makes it more valuable than a 250k mile totally unknown Sequioa in my opinion. Its worth whatever a fully refurbished vehicle like this is going for in your area. Maybe thats $5k or 7k or even more.

Just list it on eBay with as much of the description and pictures you already bothered writing and taking as you can fit and start the auction at $5K and see where it goes. What it then sells for will be your answer. Lol.

If this was in the Utah market it would be competing with $4-5,000 dollar normal mile examples. It might have to go down in the $3500 range here. We have idiots spending 6 figures for brand new SUVs and they would not be caught dead in something so old. Their 16 year old kid cant afford gas. Someone would buy it and run it into the ground without even changing the oil ever again.

Reactions: CKN
I would say that at 200k for a Toyota too. At 200k any vehicle is used up.
False. What’s “used up“ about a car with 200k if well cared for? I’ve got two Volvo V70R. One with 310K the other with 272K. Nowhere near used up. Very solid, comfortable, fast, great driving vehicles.

False. What’s “used up“ about a car with 200k if well cared for? I’ve got two Volvo V70R. One with 310K the other with 272K. Nowhere near used up. Very solid, comfortable, fast, great driving vehicles.
Not only can many vehicles last beyond 200k, but this is a body on frame V8 SUV. It could be kept on the road for 200k more miles on top of its present day 500k. It would only need great maintenance and driving a lot of highway every day to hit that 700k mark. Or 800k.

Maybe you are over selling just a tad? The SR5 with options is actually better than the limited, and the intelligence mode of the transmission means it will adjust for wear up to 1,000,000 miles? That may be a little optimistic. Looking at the market, the one I saw not that long ago is a good buy now. Very little for sale when it comes to Toyotas, people seem to want them first. Hope you get great money for it.

I find would find it far easier to own high miles vehicles in the Northeast/East where there is truly "NO" middle of no where. Here in the West you could easily be two to three hours without a phone signal of even a gas situation. NO THANK YOU driving around in a 300,000 or 500,00 mile vehicle on these trips.

If someone bid $1000 in the morning, it will show as $100, the starting bid. If you then place a $200 bid, Ebay automatically bids the next increment, like $50, so it shows as $250, until your bid reaches the $1000 bid of the other guy. That's just how Ebay bidding works.

There are some nice Platinum models on there for $12,000.00 with far less miles I would see if I could negotiate down a little bit if I was specifically looking for this vehicle. Much newer too.

Last edited:
Back