Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

After owning and "restoring" it over the 9 months I have finally got it done. Created a webpage with 250 pictures at: https://2003toyotasequoiasr5.blogspot.com/2022/04/500000-miles-one-owner-clean-carfax.html With 100,000 miles I see them listed in the $13-16K range. How much should I list it for with 5 times the miles? And mileage and price isn't proportional so one fifth of that range isn't the answer.
It's a 2003..... How can it be "one owner" if you've only had it for nine months?

Looking at prices at dealers for 2003 Sequoias, my earlier estimate of $15k is definitely not going to happen. Maybe start at $12k and take $10k if offered that much.

HAHA! When I first posted about trying to buy this truck nearly a year ago for $600 or $700, people here were saying it's worth $3K in the 2nd and 3rd reply. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/500-000-mile-2003-sequoia.341619/ Now after all that's been done to it, it only worth scrap value? OK.
You seem to be emotionally tied to this one. Here is the bottom line-YES it's a clean vehicle with a half million miles on it that lived it's useful life and to the next buyer anything could go wrong with it that makes financial sense to junk it because the (potential) repair would far exceed the value.

Even the beater crowd on here doesn't want anything to do with it.

ON EDIT-if you sell it that will be indicative of this crazy car market than the vehicle itself.

Last edited:
Well, a detailed page like that is the way to sell it for a premium! I would think someone will snap it up real quick at $7k, for a off road adventure vehicle, or for "overlanding". Expensive gas isn't helping it for someone to DD it, but for some uses, fuel economy isn't a factor. If near new (well maintained 100k mile toyota) are going for $16k, its hard to get too close to that with the miles on yours IMO. But let us know what you get, its interesting to see how you fix and flip these vehicles.

YES it's a clean vehicle with a half million miles on it that lived it's useful life and to the next buyer anything could go wrong with it that makes financial sense to junk it because the (potential) repair would far exceed the value.
You could say the same thing about ANY used car over 10 years old with over 200,000 miles, yet people still seem to buy them.

You could say the same thing about ANY used car over 10 years old with over 200,000 miles, yet people still seem to buy them.

Yea you could. The difference is that it's obviously past it's useful life at a half-million miles. It's on borrowed time. Again-the chances of ANY REPAIR would in all livelihood exceed what it's worth.

You've put a couple thousand miles on it in nine months.... Titled or not, I'd have a hard time accepting it as a "one owner" car.
Look on any car lot in the country and you will see ONE OWNER signs on cars everywhere. You think the dealer selling the 2003 or even the 2013 Whatever, bought it new themselves?

Back