Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

That is the mentality car flippers think.

This is common in the used car industry. It's the number of titled owners, there are plenty of dealers out there where the owner's wife drives around something for months before it goes back on the lot. Have to say that's probably a good one to get, any intermittent or hidden issues would be discovered!

You obviously don't understand how dealers transfer titles. Look at the back of one of your titles and you will see sections that say, Dealer Re-assignment.

.It's not worth anymore because you put a silly amount of pictures on it.
Yeah this says to me, the beater buyer, that the seller wants top penny for this vehicle.

It's like you're selling it, but buying it back. Like the BMW that's "not for sale" (it's for sale).

I'm wary even if people put KBB printouts on their cars, naturally choosing "excellent condition" when they aren't inspected, are rusty underneath, and have been sitting for a year.

If you want a lead there are 450 Bolts sitting in a lot ready to auction, lol

What's the offers from Carvana / Vroom / CarMax / etc. for comparison purposes.

Personally I would not buy any vehicle with that many miles.
They would offer $300-$1000 as they have no interest in this kind of vehicle based on mileage and likely the age too. I got a $400 offer from those places for parents 2000 Tundra 4wd extra-cab with 119k miles.

If you are a dealer, you know how to sell it and for how much. You start high and see. I saw the same year with 200 on it at a small lot in very clean shape interior looked new, for $4500. Rust free 100% CA car of course. Now it would be $5500 or more, but with 500k it is whatever you can get. I'm sure you offer various private warranties at your dealership for the buyers peace of mind for a short time. You can’t always make a score on every one you buy, as I’m sure as a dealership, you know.

If you are a dealer, you know how to sell it and for how much. You start high and see. I saw the same year with 200 on it at a small lot in very clean shape interior looked new, for $4500. Rust free 100% CA car of course. Now it would be $5500 or more, but with 500k it is whatever you can get. I'm sure you offer various private warranties at your dealership for the buyers peace of mind for a short time. You can’t always make a score on every one you buy, as I’m sure as a dealership, you know.
His is worth more because he took over 200 pictures of it-and spent a couple of hours making the ad.

Couple of HOURS? More like days.
images.jpeg

I would have a hard time buying anything with 500K miles regardless of price or condition.
I dunno, if you are looking at a stack 4 inches thick of regular maintenance and repair receipts, and it looks like someone took care of it, and you drive it and it doesn't sound or feel any different than one with 100k miles?
I get the feeling these vehicles are kind of worth rebuilding the engine or transmission when the time comes? But you would have to do your research on what's available for all the ancillaries. We'll see I guess, if these have a good reputation with the toyota fans, it probably will fetch some decent money.

That thing is in great shape for its age and mileage. Good luck with the sale. Let us know what it goes for.

Back