Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

That's the point-it's heading to the junk yard with a near mint interior. The owner(s) never benefited. The only person who does is the one who pulls it out at the junk yard. Remind me why again?

I'm enjoying the clean interior...but yeah you're right it's ridiculous to ride around with everything covered up to preserve it for subsequent owners. You won't get a penny more when you go to sell it because people buying used don't have a lot of money to spend or are cheapskates.

Reactions: CKN
I'm enjoying the clean interior...but yeah you're right it's ridiculous to ride around with everything covered up to preserve it for subsequent owners. You won't get a penny more when you go to sell it because people buying used don't have a lot of money to spend or are cheapskates.

There is no KBB category for "car at end of useful life with clean interior".

Almost entirely dependent upon documented history for the vehicle. 500k is a lot of seat time. The seat in my 450k mike Dodge Ram was pretty torn up. Still I’d drive it anywhere tomorrow. Why? Because I know the history and operational condition of the main systems. I bought it before all the used car madness. Since it’s a diesel it will get a premium no matter what. Similar to a Toyota premium only more substantial.

I wouldn’t have bought the truck had I not been given the history on the transmission. Engines you do a cold start and you kind of know. An informed buyer should know when. Timing equipment on a Toyota shoukd be able,to be documented, similarly brakes, cooling system, and hvac (Especially evaporator replacement).

If history is available, and it’s a known vehicle without much in terms of known issues, they can bring some premium IMO… the question is how do you figure it out when many of the guides give mileage such a demerit?

List it for what you want and see what happens. Some buyers flat out don't look at or factor in mileage (leave those high-mileage magnets off).

Looking at some of the pictures, it looks incredible ! If ones with 100k miles are selling for the amounts you say, I'd list it for $15k.
My twin son Richard who has his own high end car dealership says ' DAD there is an a$$ for every seat' do as your a$$ wishes

Well....thus far it doesn't look like the list is setting ebay on fire......

Someone will buy it if it is fairly clean underneath, regardless of miles. As someone who bought a vehicle on ebay from across the country (my Jeep) I appreciate the extensive photos of the vehicle and the service in the listing. I know people who regularly buy high mileage rust free cars from down south, then take them up here and drive them another 50-100k.

My Jeep is from Cali with a spotless frame/body and was previously owned by an aircraft mechanic. It was cheaper to buy than almost every TJ Wrangler in New England that already had extensive frame and body rust. I had a friend check it out for me prior to buying it, but it could've had a blown engine and I'd still be ahead for what they go for around here.

I guess you're not too familiar with how bidders on Ebay operate. Most of the bids come in the last 2 minutes.
Don't take it personal. Ebay is probably the best way to sell the mega miles Toyota.

It cost me $79.

It's called exposure. Why are the same TV ads run 10 times a day? The more people see it, the more chances that they will bid on it.

Is this based on personal experience with vehicles?
My personal experiences with non-vehicles suggest that a longer auction times does nothing except make you wait longer for the auction to complete.

I'm not American so I cannot comment on prices but the levels you have gone too documenting the work carried out with all the photos etc is enough to ask top dollar in my opinion. I take photos of my oil draining, used filters, mileage etc, I even keep my receipts from gas to prove premium is used. Good documentation is a good habit to be in and does no harm. I commend you on your efforts at keeping a older car on the road and in tip top condition👍

I'm not American so I cannot comment on prices but the levels you have gone too documenting the work carried out with all the photos etc is enough to ask top dollar in my opinion. I take photos of my oil draining, used filters, mileage etc, I even keep my receipts from gas to prove premium is used. Good documentation is a good habit to be in and does no harm. I commend you on your efforts at keeping a older car on the road and in tip top condition👍
So-it's worth more because he has 250 pictures?

So-it's worth more because he has 250 pictures?
Yes. The pictures let anyone inspect and verify the condition from anywhere. Seeing that level of photography saves a lot on site inspection time or justifies traveling to buy it. The more you know the more you can pay.

Back