Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

This would explain why he has so many vehicles.
And why it takes so long to sell? I think he mentioned he had several and that one finally sold after several years.

Doesn't make sense to tie up money on cars that normally depreciate, they just don't depreciate that much for him as he adds some value to them by fixing them up, but total rate of return for what he has invested might yield better results in the stock market.

I like the vehicle. If I had been in a market for an SUV i might have been tempted.
With used car conditions it the value more than miles or year.
Heck if someone had a 1995 Nissan Maxima FS that was a 1%er in condition I would probably swoop in.

I like the vehicle. If I had been in a market for an SUV i might have been tempted.
With used car conditions it the value more than miles or year.
Heck if someone had a 1995 Nissan Maxima FS that was a 1%er in condition I would probably swoop in.
Then you would have over paid. There were better values on ebay-at the time.

I think we should keep this thread alive! Anybody with me? You know-the 500,000 mile thread.....

This is embarrasing, frankly.
1653711138551.jpg

I think we should keep this thread alive! Anybody with me? You know-the 500,000 mile thread.....
Technically we already have the answer to the main question of the tread. The answer is No. Or at least not high enough for the owner although it was higher than scrap value.

Reactions: CKN
The OP does this for a living, he knows what he is doing, he doesn’t HAVE to sell it.
You just sit on it, and try again later, market changes and it works.

Slash that last digit off the price and it'd be much more realistic.
How do you figure that? He only wanted 6k, the last digit off would be $600. He got a $3527.77 offer. So how would that make any sense? Plus I think he paid over $1500 for it before he put over 7k worth of parts and labor into it. I suppose you could figure out the price of the parts he bought and maybe the book time for the labor but even at 6k doesn't seem like much of a money maker because even at that price, it included delivery.

How do you figure that? He only wanted 6k, the last digit off would be $600. He got a $3527.77 offer. So how would that make any sense? Plus I think he paid over $1500 for it before he put over 7k worth of parts and labor into it. I suppose you could figure out the price of the parts he bought and maybe the book time for the labor but even at 6k doesn't seem like much of a money maker because even at that price, it included delivery.
$7K worth of parts and labor into a 500,000 mile vehicle?

That sounds like a colossal waste of parts and labor for a flipper. I could almost see doing that if the truck was already owned, the history known, and it had some sentimental value.

But there’s no way he’s getting that much cash back out of this sale.

Looks like we're not even on the same page with what you're discussing...

Back