Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

Yes. The pictures let anyone inspect and verify the condition from anywhere. Seeing that level of photography saves a lot on site inspection time or justifies traveling to buy it. The more you know the more you can pay.
Look at the auction-you have basically two bidders. It's not tearing up ebay.........

Hurry up and sell, used car prices are starting to cool, I believe they have peaked and are on a steady decline, esp in 6 months when the interest rate hike kicks in!!!!

Does it have the original engine and transmission, or has either or/both been rebuilt?

My apologies if I missed that info if it has been discussed in this thread.

It's called exposure. Why are the same TV ads run 10 times a day? The more people see it, the more chances that they will bid on it.
^^This. Atikovi knows what he's doing. I know people who sell rare expensive records on eBay and they would always do an 8 day auction, and within like 2 seconds left and zero bids, the bidding war goes crazy.

The right vintage Toyota collector needs to come across his auction.

HAHA! When I first posted about trying to buy this truck nearly a year ago for $600 or $700, people here were saying it's worth $3K in the 2nd and 3rd reply. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/500-000-mile-2003-sequoia.341619/ Now after all that's been done to it, it only worth scrap value? OK.
So didn't you end up spending more than $1500 on it? How much did you spend on parts? And while the timing belt parts might have been $200 how many hours did you spend putting in all those parts and taking all those pictures? A $3527.77 final bid seems to have nailed the initial price of about $3k in value.

^^This. Atikovi knows what he's doing. I know people who sell rare expensive records on eBay and they would always do an 8 day auction, and within like 2 seconds left and zero bids, the bidding war goes crazy.

The right vintage Toyota collector needs to come across his auction.
Of course what he is selling is not a collectors item-and other examples can be found with far fewer miles.

Wait a minute! 7 page thread? any chance this is like youtube, and, once past a certain number of posts/views/subscribers, the OP starts making money off this?

Back