Will the 2007 Hyundai Elantra be a hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The insurance difference, I checked, is at most +/- $75/yr, not a big deal.

I live in an area with tons of traffic, so MT doesn't seem like a reasonable option. Plus, everyone needs to be able to drive this car in the family, and my parents don't have much love toward MTs.

Perhaps I need to go take a look at a few MTs...but I personally find shifting annoying at this point...
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by HappyHyundai:
Tell me something Quattro Pete. What else besides the round headlights, look like any other car? Mercedes Benz and Jaguar have similiar headlights, but nobody said anything about that.. do you know why? Because Kia is Korean and people are so biased against Korean cars.

The entire front looks like an MB, not just the headlights. I'm not biased against Korean cars. I'm just pointing out that your statement about them not cloning/copying is not entirely true. Let's face it - their whole strategy is to copy others and do it at a lower price to the customer. I don't really have a problem with it, but let's call things what they are.

quote:

Hey, since you probably own a German car.. I'll be biased against German cars.. did you know that Audi and Hitler worked together?

ROTFL!!! Hitler was the one behind "peoples car", which is VW. Besides, it's not the first time a country's auto industry flourished due to a push from the government, including Hyundai.

BTW, I am not against any particular car company. If they have a market for their products, they have a right to be.

I like the older style Elantra, the one model kind of looked like a Saab. This new one looks very cheap/plain looking. I agree with the Mazda3 your resale will probably be ALOT better with that. Enough to justify the difference in fuel economy.

quote:

Originally posted by 2003TRD:
I like the older style Elantra, the one model kind of looked like a Saab. This new one looks very cheap/plain looking. I agree with the Mazda3 your resale will probably be ALOT better with that. Enough to justify the difference in fuel economy.

Let's just see one in real life. It's suppose to have the biggest interior room in a compact car.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Quattro Pete:

quote:

All of Hyundai's products as well as Kias are Hyundai Technology. There's not cloning, no copying no nothing anymore.

Does that remind you of something?
 -

lol.gif

Tell me something Quattro Pete. What else besides the round headlights, look like any other car? Mercedes Benz and Jaguar have similiar headlights, but nobody said anything about that.. do you know why? Because Kia is Korean and people are so biased against Korean cars.

Hey, since you probably own a German car.. I'll be biased against German cars.. did you know that Audi and Hitler worked together?

Since you're getting into the politics of this I'll add my $.02. Did you know that all these import brands take jobs away from hard-working Americans? Not many seem to give a rip on this site and make every excuse in the book to justify their decision.

cousincletus

Aren't the largest volume "import" brands (eg Accord, Corolla, Civic, Camry) all built in the USA? The rest of auto sales built abroad are ancillary in comparison. Even low volume Subaru builds their highest volume seller in the USA (Legacy/Outback 100,000 units/year). The same is true of the company at hand Hyundai. Their company volume seller Sonota is built in the USA.

The US parts content is pretty high on the highest volume sellers sometimes exceeding "domestics". Seems like a win-win situation IMHO.

The truth is to supplement/increase production if all cars were built by domestic companies would produce less jobs than creating new car plants/brands with import branded products. Remember each car plant and manufacturer brings a unique set of quality typically high paying jobs with it just to support it in the USA without counting the workers who build a product. To build twice as many Cavaliers does not directly equal twice the workers.

Case in point my college roomate works for a major parts supplier for rubber seals/gaskets. His job is engineering liason between Nissan/Subaru and his company. They have one liason per each Big Three. There is a liason just for Toyota and another for Honda and lastly another for other companies. This is not a wage job but a $90k+/year job in a rural area. Basically this small example shows 3 high quality jobs for domestics. Beyond that he said 3-4 to represent "imports".

[ September 05, 2006, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: rjundi ]

I had a Getz. Best new car I ever owned in 40 years car ownership. Well built, totally reliable and for the money good quality. So, yes, I think the new Elantra will be good, I do not think Hyundai would produce anything to compromise its improving reputation.
Roger

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
Since you're getting into the politics of this I'll add my $.02. Did you know that all these import brands take jobs away from hard-working Americans? Not many seem to give a rip on this site and make every excuse in the book to justify their decision.

Doh! Here we go again . . .

quote:

quote:

The entire front looks like an MB, not just the headlights. I'm not biased against Korean cars. I'm just pointing out that your statement about them not cloning/copying is not entirely true. Let's face it - their whole strategy is to copy others and do it at a lower price to the customer. I don't really have a problem with it, but let's call things what they are.

quote:

ROTFL!!! Hitler was the one behind "peoples car", which is VW. Besides, it's not the first time a country's auto industry flourished due to a push from the government, including Hyundai.

BTW, I am not against any particular car company. If they have a market for their products, they have a right to be.

I totally disagree. The front does not look like a Mercedes. Koreans don't try to mimic other companies. Why would Hyundai have several R and D centers? Remember the Lexus copying Mercedes Benz article? The new Lexus copied Mercedes benz body style and some news did a report about it. Lexus has been mimicing Mercedes Benz since it started. I'm trying to find it as I type this. Of course, nobody is going to make fun of Lexus, why? Because they're are Japanese. You see.. this is all about race. Korea is the little country between two giant countries and it will get the most laughs.

Audi did work alot with Hitler. Don't you watch the History Channel? I guess Hitler wanted the fastest car in the world, so Audi made several prototypes for him. When testing one of them for the world record, the car crashed and killed the driver. I'm not sure if this is exact, but it went soemthing like it.

Buy American! Gotta keep those hourly workers in Mexican factories at full employment... cousincletus, get a clue - it's not Americans buying foreign makes (made in America by American workers, no less*) that've resulted in layoffs of American workers. Its the American "big-three" automakers shipping jobs across borders and oceans to avoid domestic taxes, pensions, and worker benefit expenses.

*Toyota
Nissan
Honda
Hyundai
BMW
Mercedes Benz

[ September 05, 2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

quote:

quote:

I totally disagree. The front does not look like a Mercedes.

Because it's missing the little star?
smile.gif

No, because the Kia looks like it stuck it's fingers in it's nostrils and tried to pull its nose up to it's forehead.

Back on topic: the 07 Elantra does look real nice. I've read the interior has more room than a TL. The Exterior looks much better than previous gen. I am dissappointed that they didn't update the powertrain. I'm assuming the new model will be heavier than the outgoing? The new 2.4 'world motor' would be nice.

The motor and tranny are all new in the '07, the engine just kept the "Beta II" name.

I like the style of mine better, the new one is starting to look more like other imports.

quote:

quote:

smile.gif

-
 -

The mid to late 90s E class is a closer match.
 -

How about some Azera/Accord comparo pics?
 -

-

quote:

quote:

smile.gif

-
 -

-The Grille looks nothing alike
-Front bumper looks nothing alike

-headlights look alike.

Oh gee whiz. That's like accusing an Automaker because it made a 4wd vehicle like Jeep.

KR, this discussion is pointless. If you can't see the similarity without making a list but just by looking at the pictures, then you can't see it.

BTW, I like the interior of the new Elantra. There are very few cars in that segment with nicely done interiors.

quote:

quote:

quote:

smile.gif

-
 -

-The Grille looks nothing alike
-Front bumper looks nothing alike

-headlights look alike.

Oh gee whiz. That's like accusing an Automaker because it made a 4wd vehicle like Jeep.

grin.gif
grin.gif
You should go work for their design team, they need people thinking like you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back