Will FP60 settle in gas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added some FP60 in my motorcycle gas tank (probably a little too much) and I had to get my tire fixed so I dropped my bike off for probably a week and a half. When I started it, it smoked quite a bit, kinda like when valve seals have gone bad. I know this isn't the case, I've gone 4,000 miles between changes with no oil used. I'm just trying to rule everything out.

Would the FP60 burning smell like oil burning ? Thanks in advance.

No, it does not smell like burning oil. I've wondered the same thing about it settling out though. The best way to tell would be to experiment with a glass jar or beaker. Anybody know the answer to this?

When I first added a heavy dose of FP to my wifes car it would smoke on startup and a little at idle, on the highway noone followed me very close
smile.gif
This went on for about 150 miles on a trip out of town & back. After getting home & adding LC to the oil the smoking went away. My theory is that the FP was cleaning out deposits & crud in the engine. Previous to this I had run 5 bottles or so of amsoil PI thru it over a 12 month period. Now on ARX clean phase, another 200 mi & I'll start rinse phase. Been running FP right along, no more smoking since the first day.

No,

FP60 is EXTREMELY chemically active, it will mix on its own based on temperature differential.

Odis would say the chemistry seeks heat but as I understand it Mola says it moves away from colder temps. Either way it moves and mixes.

Chemists here like molakule can explain better than I.

For customers that use the formula and cannot add it at the pump ( mechanical mixing), have as good results as those that add it "on top of fuel" at home etc.

Terry

Terry: your comment
"For customers that use the formula and cannot add it at the pump ( mechanical mixing), have as good results as those that add it "on top of fuel" at home etc."

For my car, this isn't exactly true. When I add at the pump, and then fill with gas, I get the instant FP effect. When I fill the tank and then add FP afterwards, I get what I call a mini-effect, and then the full affect after what I sense is more complete mixing after a certain number of miles/time. And by the next day, there isn't a difference if feel/butt dyno between the two types of application.

Of course, it could just be my computer gets a better "read" on the fuel when I add FP first and then fill with gas, as opposed to having the FP sit on top of the fuel for awhile.
Does what I said make any sense chemically? I know it makes sense based on the butt-dyno.

"Odis would say the chemistry seeks heat but as I understand it Mola says it moves away from colder temps. Either way it moves and mixes."---Based on this, would it make sense to have the FP either somewhat warmer/colder than the gasoline for optimum mixing, or does it not make much of a difference?

If I'm reading this correctly, FP60 will remain in a homogenous mixture with gasoline?

I'd like to know as well, since my truck sits 5 days outta the week.

Fuel injected engines recirculate fuel back to the tank. This will help with the mixing. One problem I've found is that if I fill the tank very full, then add the FP60 at home, the FP60 causes the old seals on the filler pipe and fuel level gauge access to leak slightly. This does not happen if I have the FP60 mixed better into the gas.

My FP60 bottles have not softened.

Ken

As far as being chemically active, this worries me sometimes. For example, my dispenser bottle (provided by LCDinc.) has gotten mushy and soft from the FP60. Is it possible that it's dissolving the plastic and eventually getting in my gas tank? Might the plastic be compromising the chemical effectiveness of the FP60 in any way?

Sorry for straying off topic..

It's been about 7 months. The bottle has definitely become softer, especially when compared to my new LC20 dispenser bottle. The main reason I know it has changed though is because I was specifically paying attention to it.

Don't get me wrong here, I strongly believe in the quality of these products. I am skeptical about the dispenser bottle material.

quote:

As far as being chemically active, this worries me sometimes. For example, my dispenser bottle (provided by LCDinc.) has gotten mushy and soft from the FP60. Is it possible that it's dissolving the plastic and eventually getting in my gas tank? Might the plastic be compromising the chemical effectiveness of the FP60 in any way?

Use only number 2 bottles. The small Lucas UCL bottle work great for me. Has never softened. Any other type of bottle will soften

I just purchased a gallon of the stuff. I poured around 6-8 ounces (not sure exactly as I don't have any way of measuring it) in a 15 gallon tank.

So far, nothing felt. I can't say I was expecting much, but in the 60 miles or so I've driven it, can't say there's been any change.

Just completed 2 Seafoam treatments through the brake booster line and threw 40% of the remaining can in the previous tank. Maybe something in Seafoam interfered with FP 60?

I'll report back when I measure the gas mileage this week.

V1,if your dispenser bottle is getting soft you ain't using FP fast enough ! Get a better dispenser bottle.

News Flash...
burnout.gif
and this is authorized by the fine people of LCD, there is a reformulation of FP going on. Cheap bottles may still soften....

Due to EPA registration requirements, need for MPG gains , energy boosting while staying true to the unique original formula, not to mention low sulfur diesel about to be dropped on Vettemans turbo diesel, (Chemists and Tribologists well thought of here) have been brought in to effect the transition. After 60 years FP60 is going to meet the 21st century.
shocked.gif
Stay tuned.

No bizarre claims, just the best chemistry that can be produced that real motorists can afford to use every fillup to compensate for the poor fuels we are essentially force fed.

Once the new formula is available original FP60 will still be available for off road applications.

Contact LCD for more info.

More as the product becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back