Wife's Pregnant!

Ah yes, dark clouds have silver linings. Good for you sir. About time someone was getting a bit of good new with all the doom and gloom we have had the past five months. Go for it John. You're the man.

Thank you! They’re 4.5 and almost 3, 18 months apart. Cherish every moment, you’ll blink and they’ll be half your height already and about to start pre school :oops:

Isn’t that the truth. Not much makes me sad or unhappy, but it’s the weirdest thing to think about all the great, fun, and loving times we’ve had... and be both sad about the fact that the past is over, yet optimistic about the great people they’re becoming.

I keep an iPhone with 256GB on it because it’s all my memories with my kids, right in my pocket.

Its also the only reason why I covet being independently wealthy. Sure, I like stuff. Actually, I love what I do for a living. But I think if I could spend more time with my kids, no distractions, I’d love that just fine. Same with retirement - before kids I just loved to work and hobbies. Now I think about how important it is to retire early if possible, because I want to (hopefully) be a big part of my kids and grandkids’ loves as they grow and have families of their own. Hopefully it works out that way!

Are you going to get a paternity test? I've heard of people being in long distance relationships and it's not theirs.

Impressive! Is that you?

Not me. Just a goal if I had kid(s). What he said and taught his son is legit. I grew up learning to speak English, Polish and Yiddish since birth and could never learn a second let alone a third language if it wasn't for living with my parents and grandparents growing up.

Congrats-I guess ;)
The 4 years after we got married with no kids were the best ever. Glad we enjoyed. Obviously we would never change everything but a whole marriage with no kids would be awsome. Unlimited travel, money, etc. In another life that would be me!!

Since1996 its no kids again..great.

Congrats-I guess ;)
The 4 years after we got married with no kids were the best ever. Glad we enjoyed. Obviously we would never change everything but a whole marriage with no kids would be awsome. Unlimited travel, money, etc. In another life that would be me!!

Since1996 its no kids again..great.

Eh, it sounds tempting on the surface until you really think about it. I think a marriage with children is just so much more fulfilling.

All the travel and money and stuff you can buy with money doesn't come close to comparing with the joy of conceiving, and then getting to raise your children the way you know they should be raised, and then nurturing them, being with them, sharing life with them. I can't get into all my beliefs on it because of forum rules, but, obviously, you can see that I feel strongly about it.

I did work with a young guy in his late 20s who got married recently, and, while engaged, he and his fiancee decided they didn't want children under any circumstances.

So, he went and got a vasectomy.

I personally think that wasn't a good decision, especially at such a young age. I think he will eventually end up wanting kids, and, probably, his wife, more so. I believe that all women end up eventually wanting kids - even the ones who swear up one side and down the other that they don't.

Not me. Just a goal if I had kid(s). What he said and taught his son is legit. I grew up learning to speak English, Polish and Yiddish since birth and could never learn a second let alone a third language if it wasn't for living with my parents and grandparents growing up.

Oh, man, that is really cool! Did you have family in Poland at the time of the Holocaust?

I've always loved hearing Yiddish spoken. You can really tell someone what to go do in Yiddish. Such descriptive words!

Congratulations!
Remember, there are no bad kids. It's all how you raise them and their environment. You're responsible for their outcome.
but I have to admit, I'm 32 and don't want kids until maybe 40. I definitely wants kids though!

Congratulations!
Remember, there are no bad kids. It's all how you raise them and their environment. You're responsible for their outcome.
but I have to admit, I'm 32 and don't want kids until maybe 40. I definitely wants kids though!
I can’t say i planned to have kids at 40 (I turn 41 this month, my first kid will be born next month). It just sort of happened this way!

My wife and I talked about it when we got engaged last year. I figured I had better get cracking, so, she turned up pregnant a couple of weeks after we got married!

Congratulations. That you are over-joyed with the experience is awesome.

A few of the comments implying that one can mold your children with 100% excellent outcome concern me though. There are no guarantees with children and I am preaching to the choir for those with adult children.. Physical health issues, mental health issues, and just about everything else results in no guarantees. We all have experienced it. Sometimes the children thought to have been raised with the highest standards still go sideways. Others that were troublesome in youth go on to become very successful. I'm in favor of carefully letting them make some mistakes (not overly excessive on the reins) and develop responsibility, but to each their own. Often you don't have a choice in this. We were blessed that my wife could stay at home most of the time.

Best wishes to you, your wife, and your upcoming family. Have you thought of names yet?

Back