Wife Got New Car Now I Want One Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my trusty 2009 Forester feels like an old shoe now after driving my wife's new GMC. I've been living with a base model Forester 2.5X 5-speed manual for 10 & 1/2 years. Suppose I've gotten my money's worth out of it. But thing is, it only has 66,000 miles. Yeah, it sits a lot because I drive a company car to and from work. Still feels like an old shoe to me though, ain't got that New Car Smell like hers does.

Some body talk me down before I end up trading in the Subaru. On something.
19.gif

My wife bought a CPO X1 last fall; recently she mentioned she thinks I need a two seat sports coupe that is more befitting of my current job. I must admit it is tempting- and I have a couple of Japanese and German candidates in mind...

You have a company car to commute in and only put 66k on this car in 10 years? Doesn't sound like you'd drive the car enough to enjoy a new one.

My car was at the dealer today for a recall. While I was there I looked around at some of the new and CPO cars. They sure are pretty, but then I see the price and remember how mine is paid for.
smile.gif

I keep getting the itch for a newer car but the thought of a payment kills me and my Grand Marquis runs so good. I don't know what happened to me!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by HangFire
Invest that downpayment/monthly payment in your 401k or some random fund and retire earlier.

This!

TRIPLE THIS !!!!

Unless you can pay cash for the car you will work many years to pay for that.
Do some math.

Even a new paint job on the Forester, with interior detailing will cost much much less than a new car, and just might give you enough of a new car feeling to last for 3-5 more years at least. I'd seriously consider that if I had no substantial reason to get a new car, but still had that itch.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
So my trusty 2009 Forester feels like an old shoe now after driving my wife's new GMC. I've been living with a base model Forester 2.5X 5-speed manual for 10 & 1/2 years. Suppose I've gotten my money's worth out of it. But thing is, it only has 66,000 miles. Yeah, it sits a lot because I drive a company car to and from work. Still feels like an old shoe to me though, ain't got that New Car Smell like hers does.

Some body talk me down before I end up trading in the Subaru. On something.
19.gif

I'm not a fan of the "new car" smell.

"But skippy! You have a 2016 and a 2018!" Let me tell you how over car payments I really am.... I just wanna buy go fast parts for my 300
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
I guess we can look forward to your next thread.

"Help me buy my next car."

Or "will the fuel injectors in a new car fail and leave me stranded?"

Just a little good-natured ribbing 'LoneRanger', please don't shoot me...
grin2.gif

Got the wife a new to us fully loaded 2018 Santa Fe in December, but have no desire to get rid of my payment free 2002 F150 with almost 200,000 miles.

Just keep what you have, you already have a company vehicle that is your primary vehicle, why waste money on something you don't drive that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back