Why Was This Thread Locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the last 2 posts show where the thread was headed, its my guess that's why the mods locked it.

The thread looked pretty okay till then, but there could have been some posts deleted before we saw them.

Rather that create another thread, you could pm Wayne Wilson or JHZR2 or maybe Molecule and discuss it.

Last edited:
It's just bizarre, it's like they reward the idiots here. In other discussions here, the mods just categorically delete "controversial" posts and leave the thread, but here it's quite the opposite...

I concur. Why don't the mods contact the offenders and tell them that if a topic doesn't interest them, they are best to ignore it instead of making snide remarks in it.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I think the last 2 posts show where the thread was headed, its my guess that's why the mods locked it.

The thread looked pretty okay till then, but there could have been some posts deleted before we saw them.

Okay, so punish the people that were heading it there, like the mods often do in other threads. Not the innocuous posters just discussing a given topic, not the weirdo who's on his second (or third) user ID...

Rather that create another thread, you could pm Wayne Wilson or JHZR2 or maybe Molecule and discuss it.

Not sure what you mean by "start another thread". This one? Or start a replicate thread on the NFL Draft?

I mod at two other sites, and I can say that whenever I've banned or deleted something/someone other than a spammer, I had to justify my actions and nothing was taken lightly. It seems this place is sort of run on banana republic justice with an arbitrary randomness of whichever mod decides to show-up and whatever mood they're in with no accountability. I know this is a site that is owned and it's not about "free speech" but FFS at least maybe set out some parameters of what is or isn't allowed and why...

Originally Posted by Leo99
I concur. Why don't the mods contact the offenders and tell them that if a topic doesn't interest them, they are best to ignore it instead of making snide remarks in it.
This! I wished everybody here a happy Easter a few weeks ago. Not a great deal different than wishing everyone Merry Christmas but after about 8 posts it went South quickly and was locked.

Originally Posted by atikovi
In many forums discussing religion, politics and making racial comments aren't allowed.
No discussion on any of these topics took place.

Originally Posted by spasm3

As nick says, the idiots "win" though. They derail a thread and get it locked instead of their posts getting deleted and what would be appropriate is to 'punish' those idiots for the behavior.

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
I mod at two other sites, and I can say that whenever I've banned or deleted something/someone other than a spammer, I had to justify my actions and nothing was taken lightly. It seems this place is sort of run on banana republic justice with an arbitrary randomness of whichever mod decides to show-up and whatever mood they're in with no accountability. I know this is a site that is owned and it's not about "free speech" but FFS at least maybe set out some parameters of what is or isn't allowed and why...

I think some of it is just too arbitrary. It's bad enough that some will post something and someone else will get mad about it, only to later find out that wasn't the intention of the original poster. I think some of that happens with deleted posts too. Plus other posts get swept up in the deletion just because they quoted a post that ended up getting deleted.

Makes you wonder sometimes if you're starting to lose your mind or if it's just some random post deleting going on.

Unfortunately, the NFL has become politicized and conversations regarding it often follow suit.

Originally Posted by pbm
Unfortunately, the NFL has become politicized and conversations regarding it often follow suit.

The game and draft can be easily discussed while respecting the rules of the board.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by pbm

The game and draft can be easily discussed while respecting the rules of the board.

No, they can't. Not here.

Originally Posted by gman2304
In many forums discussing religion, politics and making racial comments aren't allowed.

Since most of the players are black, the comment National felon league: ZERO INTEREST is pretty racist. And there was some comment about Easter that is religious which has been deleted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304

Since most of the players are black, the comment National felon league: ZERO INTEREST is pretty racist. And there was some comment about Easter that is religious which has been deleted.

I don't normally dive into this type of discussion, but this comment is just absurd. How is this comment racist? Are white people not in the league too? Is the crime rate monopolized by a certain race? I'd list out just some of the crimes committed by NFL athletes of ALL races, but I realized that I don't need to when there's literally a website devoted to tracking this information. I"m not going to link it here, but it's easily found with a google search. It's no secret that, even though the arrest rate for NFL players is lower than the public's, NFL players do commit a large number of highly publicized crimes and people have begun to lose interest in the league because of it. Stop looking for racism where none was intended or existed.

Now, with that said, that comment was not needed. if you're not a fan of the NFL, it's owners, or it's athletes, simply DON"T CLICK THE LINK. That thread is clearly not for you. I don't understand the compulsive need for people to go to threads that they know they don't care about/disagree with and insert their opinions. As long as the policy is going to be locking threads instead of deleting comments (or something similar), do everybody a favor and stay out of a discussion if you can't comment without adding positively to the discussion or keep it from going down the religion/politics/etc. rabbit hole. Some people actually want to have that conversation even if you don't or don't care about the topic. It's a selfish thing to do and right now, that selfishness is encouraged instead of dealt with accordingly (eg: the people who don't care about the NFL made comments that locked the thread for the people who do care).

Just because you have an account doesn't mean you have to have an insight in every single thread, including those you couldn't care less about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back