Why no anger at Mobile, just like Castrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the fact that Amsoil doesn't want to sell their products without a lot of chicanery, special deals, preferred customer pricing, etc. etc. Amsoil makes a very good product, they keep it scarce, and price like a boutique. They're not about volume or mainstream retailing. They don't even make air filters for a lot of mainstream economy cars, they just don't cater to them.

Hence, they stay small and expensive..

After seeing NO 5w30 Mobil Clean cases or qts on Wmart's shelves again, and several parts stores, I went to Havoline after reading the postings on BITOG. I never saw Amsoil anywhere except in racing formulas, so I never looked for regular oil by them.

Addyguy:

At least Mobil is relatively straightforward about the content of their oils. I don't expect any company to give out precise formulas or blending instructions, but at least we get a relatively honest "it's PAO", whereas Castrol, which deserves and gets credit for good products like GC, never seems to give a straight answer as to what their oils are made from. Mobil can be taken to task for other things, but IMO, this is the main answer to your question.
cheers.gif

At a recient Daytona event a Mobil person said part of their, follow factory rec changes has to do with deals for using Mobil 1 as factory fill. They are aligned with the factory. Change the oil just like the factory says. Mobil and the car factories are a team. Why would you want a synthetic that isn't teamed up with major manufacturers, or so marketing thinks, and it works. Mobil sells a lot of oil based on Mobil 1 marketing.

quote:

Originally posted by Volvohead:
1. I don't understand how, on a lubrication specialty forum of all places, people don't know how to spell MOBIL. As in EXXON MOBIL, the largest corporation on earth. Mobile is a town, or what one hangs over an infant's crib. Not to jump on you in particular, but about 1/3 of the Mobil Oil posts around here are misspelled "Mobile", and I don't get it. The frequency of it in some posts belies a typo. It's printed in large letters on every bottle - M O B I L - if people bother to look. Rant over.
(...snip...)

Heh, heh, well said. Actually though, it's even more twisted than that. The thing that hangs over the crib is spelled like the city, but pronounced like the oil. This may explain the deep seated tendency in so many to get the terms screwed up -- having hearing "moe-bull" as Mobile literally since the days of the crib. . .
wink.gif

quote:

1. I don't understand how, on a lubrication specialty forum of all places, people don't know how to spell MOBIL. As in EXXON MOBIL, the largest corporation on earth. Mobile is a town, or what one hangs over an infant's crib. Not to jump on you in particular, but about 1/3 of the Mobil Oil posts around here are misspelled "Mobile", and I don't get it. The frequency of it in some posts belies a typo. It's printed in large letters on every bottle - M O B I L - if people bother to look. Rant over.

My peeve is those who insist on referring to Cummins diesel engines as "Cummings" engines. It reminds me of an uneducated uncle of mine who calls a sandwich a "sangwich".

Can't or won't?
rolleyes.gif

But let's not bring immigrants to this thread.
That is a very explosive topic, you know...

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

(...snip...)

Heh, heh, well said. Actually though, it's even more twisted than that. The thing that hangs over the crib is spelled like the city, but pronounced like the oil. This may explain the deep seated tendency in so many to get the terms screwed up -- having hearing "moe-bull" as Mobile literally since the days of the crib. . .
wink.gif

I guess it's a good thing there are no Mobil gas stations in Mobile, only Exxons... No Mobile Mobils!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back