Why is Hyundai warranty worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Originally Posted By: maximus
The Elantra is the best-looking sedan on the road.
Maybe in the econobox category.

I stand by my statement. I have seen BMWs, Mercedes, Lexuses, Ford Fusions..... but the one that makes me say, "What's that?" is the Elantra. I like how it appears to be moving even when standing still (fluidic sculpture). It's different from the other cookie-cutter sedans

whatevs. I'm not into that non-sense.

Last edited:
Just had my 11 Sonata in to replace the steering coupling. Steering was banging going over bumps and loose. Very common problem with these cars.

My car has 39k miles. They would not warranty because I was over on warranty by time (11 months over).

Part was $1.99, and labor was $323.

They changed a leaky axle oil seal on my Accent at 58k miles. It's the only warranty work I ever took it in for.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Just had my 11 Sonata in to replace the steering coupling. Steering was banging going over bumps and loose. Very common problem with these cars.

My car has 39k miles. They would not warranty because I was over on warranty by time (11 months over).

Part was $1.99, and labor was $323.

Very strange. I received a recall letter that from Kia for the exact same thing that extended the warranty to cover this issue to 10yr/120K miles. I went ahead recently and had mine replaced (1.5hr) for free under this recall. I was just beginning to get the issue at 57K miles but now it is MUCH better.

What my old one looked like:

Last edited:
So annoying. I will keep my receipt and see if I can get reimbursement if Hyundai chooses to recall that part.

Mine looked like melted mush also. When it was replaced car steers perfect and makes zero noise.

I was going to DIY it but didn't want to mess with all the plugs that go into the ECU and taking the dash lower apart.

There is a hyundai tech who posted a video of him doing it in 15 minutes without dropping the steering column.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
What other manufacture offers a 10y/100,00 warranty on all internal engine and transmission parts maximus?

Dont know, dont care.

Ive got the tshirt for the steering coupler, too. Guess what, mine needs replaced again.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Certified used Hondas/Toyotas. As well as new Kias.

Well Hyundai owns a big chunk of Kia so it's the same thing.

Originally Posted By: maximus
The Elantra is the best-looking sedan on the road.
Maybe in the econobox category.

I stand by my statement. I have seen BMWs, Mercedes, Lexuses, Ford Fusions..... but the one that makes me say, "What's that?" is the Elantra. I like how it appears to be moving even when standing still (fluidic sculpture). It's different from the other cookie-cutter sedans

I don't even notice them, there's too many S550's, A8's/S8, 740/750's around plus the occasional Ferrari and Lambo's, those catch my eye. I don't even know what an Electra really looks like, they blend in with all the Fusions and Camry's. Oh and Corvettes too.

I remember when Chrysler Corp went to 5 year/50,000 mile warranty way back in the 60s and nothing changed quality wise. The vehicles were POS then and are still viewed as throw-away vehicles today. Sorriest vehicle I ever owned was a 1966 Dodge Dart that I special ordered with a four speed and power pack on the 273 V8.Backup switch was cross-threaded into the transmission and couldn't be tightened. Looked like Hamtramck monkeys assemble the vehicle.Spent more time at the dealer than it did in my garage. BAH HUMBUG
mad.gif
Fiat Chrysler. Still discussing the trauma with my therapist.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Still discussing the trauma with my therapist.
I understand !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back