Hyundai changes warranty wording after FTC warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Hyundai?kia do not have absolutely anything in line up for people to say: yeah, that thing is absolute jewel.

I think the Stinger gets decent reviews except for the price - $50k for a Kia is a little crazy. But if I were looking for a 4 door sporty car I'd certainly take a look at it.

Some folks are still living in the 80s when the Excel was their best seller...

Stinger
G70
G80 Sport
Elantra Sport
Elantra GT Sport
Veloster N
Kona 1.6T

Sunshine Kia, Miami Fl.

New 2018 Kia Stinger GT
VIN: KNAE35LC2J6020021 STOCK #: 8761
Engine: 3.3L 6-Cylinder Turbocharged
Trans: 8-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
HWY: 25 MPG | CITY: 19 MPG †
$40,850

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Hyundai?kia do not have absolutely anything in line up for people to say: yeah, that thing is absolute jewel.

I think the Stinger gets decent reviews except for the price - $50k for a Kia is a little crazy. But if I were looking for a 4 door sporty car I'd certainly take a look at it.

Some folks are still living in the 80s when the Excel was their best seller...

Stinger
G70
G80 Sport
Elantra Sport
Elantra GT Sport
Veloster N
Kona 1.6T

Sunshine Kia, Miami Fl.

New 2018 Kia Stinger GT
VIN: KNAE35LC2J6020021 STOCK #: 8761
Engine: 3.3L 6-Cylinder Turbocharged
Trans: 8-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
HWY: 25 MPG | CITY: 19 MPG †
$40,850

Hyundai has come a long long ways since those days.

While the MM Act is clear about the freedom to use non-OEM parts, it should be noted that in today’s cars, a part that does not meet all the specs of the original could have a downside as designs include structural and safety requirements. What if a steel component in the chassis is not totally up to spec? Would the car perform the same in a accident?

It’s a bit of a gray area.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Hyundai has come a long long ways since those days.

Yep, thanks to SK free trade agreements with the cash-cow North American market, allowing them to undercut competitors and maintain a hefty profit margin! Korean electronics manufacturers have also enjoyed such unpublicized favours..... once advantageous profitability is established, they can now focus on copying other manufacturers' and force luxury brand memes, focus-group specced halocars based on old minivan engines and mid-2000s European styling from European designers.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Don't even know which kind of people would buy Hyundai or Kias. Puzzles me.

Judging people based on the car they drive???

My Hyundai Ioniq hybrid gets 62 mpg has more interior space than a Prius. Better gas mileage than a Prius. Shifts through 6 gears as opposed to the Prius. More conventional looking and in my opinion, better looking than the Prius. More features for less cost than the Prius. So, I'm one of those "kind." My daughter drives a Prius. She's one of the other "kind."

I've had great luck with my Hyundai genesis(es) the 12 is a nice car, not super but compares well for its model year. The 15 is where they turned up the heat. Mine compares favorably to the new g90, it's almost identical. For the price I payed I am more than happy.

I also have a 2010 Kia Sedona for fishing, camping, and hauling stuff. Replaced brakes, a belt tensioner, and a door latch. That's all. My first Kia was a 1992 Ford Festiva. Replaced brakes, belt, and fluids in 12 years. Most cars don't give trouble if you take care of them. Hard to say what's better and what's worse. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

Originally Posted By: tigrpal
I also have a 2010 Kia Sedona for fishing, camping, and hauling stuff. Replaced brakes, a belt tensioner, and a door latch. That's all. My first Kia was a 1992 Ford Festiva. Replaced brakes, belt, and fluids in 12 years. Most cars don't give trouble if you take care of them. Hard to say what's better and what's worse. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

This

It crashes me out when I hear people say that I must be an "appliance buyer" because I have Hyundai's. More specifically a Sonata. That they are an "enthusiast" while driving a Chevy Malibu or Ford Fusion etc. BULL! I am a car guy pure and simple, and I myself "enthusiastically" bought a car that had a more spacious interior and a better ride quality, with a better warranty and had more features for less money. That I personally thought looked better. I don't have an allegiance to any one car company, I buy what I find I want at the time. And even though Korean "owned" they are mostly built here by American hands just as much as our so called domestics are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back