Why is Amsoil RED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a case of S2000 20W50 in one gallon bottles. I was kinda freaked out to see it was red like ATF. Anyone know why it's red?

Mike

Just red dye. I think this one is red to distinguish it from the other 20W-50. Most of the other synthetic motor oils have no dye.

Hope you ordered from one of the site sponsors!

[ August 09, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Just red dye. I think this one is red to distinguish it from the other 20W-50. Most of the other synthetic motor oils have no dye.

Hope you ordered from one of the site sponsors!

Thanks. Actually I signed up just before I started reading this site. Wish I would have found this site first. My upline is like a hundred years old and doesn't care/know much about high performance stuff. He is convenient since he is in town and he stocks a fair amount of stuff. Think I would rather have you or one of the other guys from on hear as upline. My plan is to use open tracking as marketing and then write off the expense.
smile.gif

Back in the Dark Ages, when AMSOIL first introduced their 20w-50 as a racing oil, there was some red dye added to distinguish it.
Some years later, after a reformulation, the red dye was left out. Screams from the field, red dye was again added. Go figure!
At this point, think the red dye is only in the Series 2000 20W-50, not the regular (at least that's the way it is in the empties on my shelf).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back