Why I like Costco gas

No Costco here in town. But when we lived in Glendale the lines at the pumps there were ridiculously long. No way I would wait that long. I generally fill up very early. No one around.

It's where I get my premium/93, it's ~$3.25 which is great for the 3 we have that take it. Regular is cheaper than the other stations but only by about ten cents so not as exciting to drive for it as it's not super close. Costco gas is the bomb - top tier, cheap, and either-side fueling which for the 3 premium runners which are Euro/world have right-side doors is great b/c most folks don't realize you can fuel from either side with the long hoses...hahahahahaah.

It's where I get my premium/93, it's ~$3.25 which is great for the 3 we have that take it. Regular is cheaper than the other stations but only by about ten cents so not as exciting to drive for it as it's not super close. Costco gas is the bomb - top tier, cheap, and either-side fueling which for the 3 premium runners which are Euro/world have right-side doors is great b/c most folks don't realize you can fuel from either side with the long hoses...hahahahahaah.
I think they do know they can do it, it's just kind of a pain to drag the hose out all the way to reach the other side and you have to park it just right or it's a stretch and at an angle. I sometimes have to do it on the left side when every once in a while that's the only pump free but not in a long while.

As of this morning, gas prices for regular unleaded at the stations nearest to me were:

Costco 4.19

Chevron 5.19 & 5.09

Exxon 4.83

Arco 4.79 & 4.89

Valero 4.83

Shell 4.83

7-Eleven 4.79 & 4.49

Hope the formatting comes out OK ...
Aaaah California. All those gas taxes and still the smog is there, oh wait...some of it's from China!
$2.90 here for regular.

The only reason I’m a Costco member is because my wife and I drive by it everyday to and from work. It’s worth it for the gas and Kirkland motor oil alone.

The Costo's around here have dispenser hoses that reach across the vehicle
As to the long hoses, pick any lane, opposite side of the car. It is harder to pump the fuel in that manner. It takes more time, I have seen the long hoses just barely get around the back of huge SUVs like Infiniti QX80, BMW X7 etc, Land Cruisers, the nozzle sticks out, makes it hard for the attendant to get around the nozzle. Also makes it hard to pump the gas. Also makes it difficult to get the nozzle in the tank, most of the time. Cars is not that bad but similar.

The idea is for the convenience of the Costco customer, to just pull up to any pump, in any line.. does not factor in the different kinds of Costco customer, that don't want dirty fuel hose stretching across their back windshield, I don't think I have ever heard of one breaking but the tension would have me.. apprehensive, that's glass.

You simply cannot make everyone happy, all of the time.

As to the long hoses, pick any lane, opposite side of the car. It is harder to pump the fuel in that manner. It takes more time, I have seen the long hoses just barely get around the back of huge SUVs like Infiniti QX80, BMW X7 etc, Land Cruisers, the nozzle sticks out, makes it hard for the attendant to get around the nozzle. Also makes it hard to pump the gas. Also makes it difficult to get the nozzle in the tank, most of the time. Cars is not that bad but similar.

The idea is for the convenience of the Costco customer, to just pull up to any pump, in any line.. does not factor in the different kinds of Costco customer, that don't want dirty fuel hose stretching across their back windshield, I don't think I have ever heard of one breaking but the tension would have me.. apprehensive, that's glass.

You simply cannot make everyone happy, all of the time.
for me, it didn't shut off properly when it was done filling, so I have to hold the line with one hand and then let it pump, and inconvenience for sure but the cost alone makes its worth it.

Oceanside, CA on Friday

Attachments

• 20220121_123245.jpg
    20220121_123245.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 9
Back