Why do you watch the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 49ers in the Super Bowl has really upped the excitement around here. Lots of Red and Gold everywhere. People who would just keep to themselves are cheering on others in 49er garb. It's alive!

Maybe we can learn to be a little friendlier and a little less judgemental?

I got my fingers crossed for the 49 ers. 🤞

785ccaa9d0f553f17273b603f3f84f04.jpg

The commercials, and the technical broadcast - that is my "game". My industry, clients and personal sales success over time.

The camaraderie - Im usually with dear friends.

The contents of the game although enjoyable, are meaningless to me.

OGG, UFC, one of the few things even more worthless than NFL. There is no sport or talent in beating up on each other.
Wrestling, Boxing, Judo. These are all well known and respected sports in the Olympics and very much a large aspect of Mixed Martial Arts as most of the athletes come from these backgrounds. Martial Arts and Combat Sports are the oldest sporting activities in recorded history and require the utmost talent, skill and discipline.

The best part of Super Bowl Sunday? Playing “football” with the kids, making a few plays up, seeing them improve throwing and catching. We actually were “practicing” a trick play that was about the same as the one that the 49ers scored on. Imagine the kids excitement that they saw a TD using the play we made up today!

I love football. Played in HS. I don’t have the time to watch every game or care too much during the season. Never been to a pro game. Love HS and college ball.

We watch a few games a year. I don’t follow any of it, any of the antics and issues that probably rile folks on here up (I know about them at a very cursory level only). The super bowl is one that we do watch. Mainly because we have a little family party, a cake, some pizza, watch some football.

The halftime shows I generally don’t care much for. I liked that Usher stared on the grass. Most of the music I couldn’t place or care about.

I hate commercials, but I'm watching OTA so that’s the price of delivery (I’d be angry if I was paying for cable and had to watch commercials). But the superbowl commercials are pretty good.

It’s an Americana tradition of the last half century. Nothing wrong with that. It’s one of the few times I turn the TV on in the year. I enjoy watching the game. All good.

Last edited:
Great game and I liked the halftime show, brought back plenty of high school and college party memories.

I love the reactions of the majority here acting like the most watched tv event of the year has some underlying political/social meaning. It’s about nothing but entertainment dollars.

I used to watch it for the commercials but constantly over the past 10 or so years, the commercials haven't had the creativity or joy that they used to. Although i did hear that the lady who did the vocals for the Dorito's Goat was a guest of honor or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back