Why Can't I use this Peak in, uh, Everything?

I actually tt Peak Tech Support today about the 10X coolant (in between my rebate questions), and they assured me it has NO 2-EHA, & has sebacate AND phosphate inhibitors, and the tech I talked to assured me they had not heard of any issues using it (I stated that I wouldn’t use it in a diesel application, the only one I have left gets green & SCAs [DCA-2 Napakool] in it).

That's good... I just decided (From other's here more knowledgeable than myself) that this was an excellent coolant. I wanted to make my maintenance "simple".

You DON'T! Ford learned the hard way with their "Specialty Orange", AKA Dexcool, a whole bunch of plugged heater cores later!
That's kinda where I was going with this whole thing... I'm not a "Dex-Hater"..but just don't see why there are so many supporters of this formula. I switched my 2001 Buick to the PEAK 10X and it's been great so far! Like I mentioned before... I now have "one" coolant servicing all my cars. Simple.

For those that like 2EHA and promote (defend) it... I'm sorry, but I just don't get it.🤔

That's kinda where I was going with this whole thing... I'm not a "Dex-Hater"..but just don't see why there are so many supporters of this formula. I switched my 2001 Buick to the PEAK 10X and it's been great so far! Like I mentioned before... I now have "one" coolant servicing all my cars. Simple.

For those that like 2EHA and promote (defend) it... I'm sorry, but I just don't get it.🤔
Dex is cheap to make, widely used, and works OK in properly designed systems-but it doesn’t play well with conventional green, is capable of eating poorly designed nylon gaskets, and causes rust & corrosion when ran low & mixed with air in cast iron engines (& in certain flux welded heater cores). Needs a degas tank & a LOT of TLC to work properly-and there’s a bunch of newer, less finicky options!

Dex is cheap to make, widely used, and works OK in properly designed systems-but it doesn’t play well with conventional green, is capable of eating poorly designed nylon gaskets, and causes rust & corrosion when ran low & mixed with air in cast iron engines (& in certain flux welded heater cores). Needs a degas tank & a LOT of TLC to work properly-and there’s a bunch of newer, less finicky options!
I concur! ;)
(y)

You DON'T! Ford learned the hard way with their "Specialty Orange", AKA Dexcool, a whole bunch of plugged heater cores later!
I believe that all those 'plugged heater cores' occurred in one line of Ford vehicles (the Transit van)....which could mean that model has an issue with it rather than all Ford vehicles.

Although the current G12 Evo is in terms of the inhibitors the same as G13 but with the addition of Phosphates, i'm not sure if it still has the 10-20% of Glycerin like the G13 had.

Back