Who's running High Performance Lubricants (HPL) products in their engine?

Changed the oil in both my Infinity G35s. 06 G35x and 03 G35. RWD car can fit a much larger oil filter so of course I obliged. Both cars filled with HPL Supercar 0w40 for the winter. Well the G35 actually got a half quart of Supercar 5w40 out of the bucket I bought since it's larger oil filter necessitated it.
This is my first full oil change with HPL products since I had my RB25 swapped 240sx. The rear wheel drive G35 had a quart of engine cleaner in the previous change, but the engine in the X looks quite clean so I didn't feel it was necessary. The G35 has a couple hundred miles on it so far, and it seems to be happy as a clam, noticeably less noisy than the 8000 mile Mobil one 5w40 that was in it prior to change, which only makes sense. I went a little over my OCI as I was planning on putting this car up and driving the X, but the X needed a lot of repairs that I'm still working on. Now that they both run I figured I'd change them at the same time.

180k+ miles on the G35 (speedo/odo don't work right)
147k miles on the G35x

KA64Rhph.jpg

LoRySqDh.jpg

A3zbGQNh.jpg
What’s thebEIX filter # you used? Thank You and nice pics 🍻🇺🇸

Will you be running longer OCIs after this?
Hi,

I think 5K OCIs for the near future, at least until I get a UOA program going with HPL's preferred lab WearCheck. Plenty of fuel dilution, even despite of my daily high speed 115 mile round trip commute. I am reading that the XT motors don't break in until 15k or so, so that may explain less of a gasoline smell with the last OC.

Thanks for asking.

2017 Tundra 5.7 69,800 miles on it. Drive 45 miles a day mainly between 35-55mph mostly non stop driving to and from work.Which one of these oils would be best. Very confusing. Thanks for any help. :cool:

2017 Tundra 5.7 69,800 miles on it. Drive 45 miles a day mainly between 35-55mph mostly non stop driving to and from work.Which one of these oils would be best. Very confusing. Thanks for any help. :cool:
It’s like asking if craft beer is worth the money over Sierra Nevada.

To some people, yes. To others, no. Depending on the attributes that concern you, it can be a better product.

I would use their standard Passenger Car Engine Oil 5W-30 or 5W-20. If you want or need to use 0W-20, then you have to step up to the Premium PCEO. All are good options.

I would use their standard Passenger Car Engine Oil 5W-30 or 5W-20. If you want or need to use 0W-20, then you have to step up to the Premium PCEO. All are good options.
I agree with this and think Dave at HPL would give this recommendation also I don’t speak for him but sure bet he would give same recommendation. In Georgia I would lean towards the 5w30.

Just ordered a box of the HPL Super Car 0w20 to use in wife's 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 engine. It has been doing fine with zero
climbing on the dip stick since it got warm. I do realize the dilution did not up and vanish and gasoline is still in the oil regardless
what it looks/smells like. Just stating that in warm weather it is not quite as pronounced. I just feel like doing a few runs on the HPL and
then testing it just to see how it stacks up against all the other stuff I have tried. Amsoil / Shaeffer's / Castrol / Mobil 1 (at this time).

Me! Have about 7k on HPL NO VII 5w20

No consumption and Duratech I think are easy on oil. After all that’s used up; I’m getting some of HPL 5w30 CK/CJ? Rated 5w30

Me! Have about 7k on HPL NO VII 5w20

No consumption and Duratech I think are easy on oil. After all that’s used up; I’m getting some of HPL 5w30 CK/CJ? Rated 5w30
My next order will likely be a change from 0w20 to 5w20 which I already use in the other Accord we have been having since new off the lot in 2009.

I'm at one year with about 2200 miles on the HPL premium plus passenger car 0w40. Thinking i should go another year.

Edit: In the ram truck.

Last edited:
I've got just around 3500 on the Premium 0W-20 and almost 4 months in the CR-V. The MM is at 50%. Guestimating it will be around 7500 when the MM is at 0%.

My Legacy is running the same with almost the same amount of time but I think I am not quite at 3k yet. I'll be changing in June which should be around 6k.

Still have 3 quarts left but haven't decided what I am going to do with them. My options are limited. I can use them in my Impreza and add another ~1.6 qts of something else, my CR-V and add another ~1.3qts of something else or the Legacy but add ~2.1qts of something else. My something elses are either Kirkland, M1 EP, PUP or PP. I'm thinking maybe the CR-V since that car has the most miles on it and maybe, just maybe there is more to clean up. This is all speculation though. Not sure there was much if anything to clean up in the first place.

I have enough oil in general so do 9 or so oil changes in the CR-V (Kirkland), 4-6 for the Legacy (M1 EP) and 6 in the Impreza (PUP and PP).

How’s that working out?
So far, so good. It’s shifting better (in my opinion) than on the OE DW-1. It’s only been a handful of miles (maybe 35 or so), so it’s hard to come to too much of a conclusion, but I have no complaints.

Edit: one minor complaint, but due to its green color, it’s really hard to see on the dipstick when brand new. It’s basically completely clear on the stick, so you have to hold it against the light just right to see. Only complaint I have so far.

Last edited:
Back