Who's running High Performance Lubricants (HPL) products in their engine?

If I’m understanding things correctly from messages I’ve sent to David, unless you require the premium VII with an extremely oil taxing engine that requires the extra shear stability the standard line of PCMO is all you need
OK So I can save a little money. I mean other than DI it's a pretty mundane V6. Nothing fancy and other than a few WOT romps it never is stressed via towing.

OK So I can save a little money. I mean other than DI it's a pretty mundane V6. Nothing fancy and other than a few WOT romps it never is stressed via towing.
Just use their PCEO 5W30.

I soon will be. Have 6 quarts of HPL 5w20 for my 2002 Ford F-150 FX4 4.6 and
6 quarts of 0w16 for our 2020 Toyota Rav 4 XLE ordered as I type this.
From everything I've read and studied, HPL is an EXCELLENT motor oil.
I can hardly wait until our next oil change!

A073479A-50E7-4C37-8A01-F67B7E84FC49.jpeg

Cleaner is in both vehicles with fresh sumps to clean into.

The titan has a 5 year old ultra with 20K on it through 3 Oci's plus this last cleanup.

I hated dumping a sweet idemitsu zepro 5-30 into a " cleaning run", but it was my oldest lowest rated jug....

titan has a 5 year old ultra with what will be 20K and 3 oci's on it. Real curious to see whats in it.

IMG_3617.jpeg

1993 Volvo 240 sedan, 230,110 miles

2,000 miles on HPL No VII Euro 5W30

Planning a UAO without draining at 6,000 miles
Same question for you - why the no VII vs. the normal Euro oil?

Goal is changing the oil less often. I hope that will be a 10k OCI.

No reason not to use either Euro or No VII Euro. I’m sure either grade will perform well.

I admit I have a bias towards lower VII oils.
Yes, but why the no-VII vs. the regular HPL stuff? Are you having shearing issues?

Yes, but why the no-VII vs. the regular HPL stuff? Are you having shearing issues?
Better HTFS viscosity ... no VIIs to make the temporary full shearing viscosity drop as far. Of course, may not need that unless you're really beating the engine with high RPM ... but call it "headroom". ;)

Back