Who uses Royal Purple and is HAPPY with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use their gear oil in my ford diffs.

I buy it because it already has friction modifier in it.

I've never had a problem with any of my rears with RP fluid in them.

If you go to my local pennzoil they use RP everything!!! The local owner got into a fight with pennz and now he uses rp everything. its gonna be a matter of time before pennz shuts him down. he said he still makes the same margin as before, because he buys the rp at wholesale prices, that is the only lube shop i ever tell anyone to go to

Thanks for the replies on this topic.It's nice to see that there are people who uses this oil and are HAPPY with it.I'm considering buying some for my Ford Explorer.
cool.gif

Quote:

When you do, can you take a picture of it on the dipstick? I've never seen purple oil.
smile.gif

The oil is only purple out of the bottle. Once you start it up, the purple is gone within minutes.

I use their gear oils and think it's very good stuff. I don't think anyone can really dispute the quality and reputation of their products. They have been around long enough to prove themselves as well.

I have had good luck with their products. Calls to their Texas headquarters, always produced honest answers to questions, without a run-around.

I have a friend that runs a nuclear power station. They use Royal Purple lubricants in most everything. Turbines & nuclear plants are where corners can be cut. I think that says something.
patriot.gif
coffeetime.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry to take it off topic, I feel it'd be good to get both sides of the spectrum. Friend ran it in an older supra, the 10w-30, and it developed a lot of leaks/burnoff.

If your talking of a second gen supra, I know of a guy who uses regular dino oil and has leaks and he has some burnoff over time. BTW he uses 10w-30, so I'd be careful in blaming the RP. Older cars develop problems regardless of the product used. However in saying this, I do not know what generation that supra is or how many miles ect. So excuse me if I sounded too harsh when uninformed. I do like those supras, tell me more about his if possible
smile.gif

His is an 87 or 88, sorry I didnt mention the car isnt in the best of shape. Currently it needs a new, well, engine. His headgasket blew, the powersteering pump died, and it is out of tune for the most part.

Just mentioned the RP because even though his engine wasnt in good shape (it isnt running now) when he put it in, he never had a problem with 10w-30 dino leaking or burning. I'm sure any real synthetic would do this over a dino however.

I'm currently using the 10w40 RP in my 1990 Bronco 2 (2.9 v6)
It seems to do o.k. Where do you guys get those oil analysis's done?
My engine was rebuilt a year & 1/2 ago, and the guy recomended 10w40 Pennzoil during break in. After the warranty expired i switched to RP.
Dont notice any better fuel milage OR power though.
(its a 2.9 though.....like WHAT power?? LOL!)

Although (and not to hijack the thread) the dealer i'm getting the RP from has a few cases of 20w50 weight that he's had on the shelf for a while, and says he might sell it on the cheap if i'm interested.
Would 20w50 be too thick for the 2.9l?
Or would it "flow" better being as its a synthetic?
BTW i'm in NM where it gets HOT during the day & fairly cool at night.

Oh, and i do often tow a small utility trailer during the spring to fall seasons to get my dirtbike around, if that would make the 20w50 a better choice??

never used their motor oil (heard it tends to shear down in viscosity). But I use theiry SynchroMax in my limited slip differential. Works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back