Who makes a quality Blu-ray player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
^ I Agree - However, the level of PQ Oppo offers is only 'needed' by a small group of people who are very picky / analytical about PQ.
That said, If I were to get another BD player, which I use less and less these days, I would look towards OPPO also.

My wife is clueless and she noticed the improvement without knowing that it was the OPPO doing it. The OPPO has inputs and will improve the IQ (in my case DISH TV) of the source, the OPPO is in use more than just BDP/DVD. I have the 103D (Darbee) that adds stereoscopic depth which you can adjust to your liking or turn it off if you rather have normal processing. IMHO it takes my DISH-TV IQ to the next level, happy camper....

Blu-ray is a standard so from the disc and out of the unit (digitally) the signal is the same on all players, the differences are the in-between steps where quality of processors, DACs, etc. can really matter. For mainstream brands you'll want one who is also a reputable chipmaker as it's cost-effective for them to spec it better than a ____. Higher-end brands are usually pretty safe because they make it their business to make sure all of that is properly spec'd (which shows up in the cost, since they don't fab chips internally rather they have to buy them in small lots). Personally, I use a Panasonic and while it is terribly slow to start, the quality is very good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back