DB2020AU00790_full.jpg

vw_arteon_shooting_brake_interieur_800x600.jpg

DB2020AU00943-web.jpg

5320143_3_org_db2020au01821_large.jpg

Volkswagen-Arteon-2018-1600-3e.jpg

VW-Arteon-02.jpg

That's beautiful.
My comment was on the Passat SE.

No. While most cars look OK in white, it is so ubiquitous as to be boring. If I were buying a used car and everything else about it was acceptable I wouldn't care if it were white. But I wouldn't choose it if I had a choice of many colors.

Drives nice, not as polished as the Passat but the Jetta is aimed at a whole different goal. The Passat was a GT hot rod with VR6 and DSG. The Jetta is a commuter with a 1.4, getting 40 mpg overall and it still drives very nice. Who needs a hyrbrid? Got in right under the wire before gas started to climb for once in my life my timing was perfect.

Areteons are not great sellers for VW, before the craziness you could figure on 6k off without much of a whimper. If a dealer near you has any give it a try you might be surprised.
Found one at $6500 off (se)
And they will ship it free. $800 off there. Red..

I like white a lot but the paint is much harder to match on some cars than black (excluding pearls and flakes, then both are a total PITA), its almost as difficult as silver or bronze. On the plus side it is easy to keep clean and it hides a multitude of sins well.

I'm taking delivery of a 2022 Yukon XL this week. It's the Tricoat Frost white and the 4th large SUV in a row that's been white. Not on purpose, just how it's worked. out.

2005 Suburban
[broken image removed]

2013 Sequoia
[broken image removed]

2021 Tahoe
1636824623127.jpg

2022 Yukon XL AT4 (on a truck somewhere)
iu

Also owned a 2019 Mazda3 for a little while. Also white. Nice little car! (pay no attention to my wife's non-white daily driver in the background :D)
[broken image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you buy a new vehicle in white??

I only ever bought one and it was a 97 Dodge Stratus 5 spd.
I've only had one white vehicle, the '86 Volvo. It was a terrific colour. Strangely enough it didn't show dirt. But when you washed it, it would look terrific.

But "white" is not white. There are many many whites. And as a result white paint is quite hard to match.

Wife had a white Chevy Corsica she bought used.

In hindsight, there were a LOT of white Corsicas. These were from the heyday of GM cranking them out, dumping them on rental fleets, then selling them at 6-12 months old. Corsica was designed from the get-go to share the Cavalier floorpan but be somehow "nicer" for fleet use.

Oddly, the white paint was NOT a basecoat- clearcoat. We had problems, getting up in age, with the hood paint disappering right over the (V6) motor. Think the heat did something to it. These were also the years when GM just invented water-based paint, which stuck like applesauce.

White is a nice color but it doesn't get a lot of respect. When I am in the white car other cars are more agressive toward me. When I drive the dark blue, it is a different story. I have seen the difference time and time again.

Back