White Vehicle??

Would you buy a new vehicle in white??

I only ever bought one and it was a 97 Dodge Stratus 5 spd.
White vehicles exterior stay visually cleaner over black vehicles. They also don't absorb as much heat as black. Easier to color match over black. White is a very popular color, making finding used body parts for purchase a bit easier.

I like white, it shows lines very well.
20211026_042046.jpg

Only our Rubicon, Tahoe, and XT5 are white. The Lexus is our alternate color, silver 😷

White is one of my favorite colors for a vehicle for some of the reasons already mentioned...ie: stays cleaner, absorbs less heat etc...My least favorite colors are black and silver. Besides showing dirt and swirls a black car reminds me of a hearse. Silver is ubiquitous and boring IMO and it also blends in with the road too much (harder to see).

I've had a few in white. I enjoy the fact that they don't show dust or fine scratches until you look very closely. They don't look dirty all the time like people think, and it stays cooler than any other color. I think it looks sharp on some cars.

White.jpg

White is my color of choice , unless I was to buy a Ferrari [ I wouldn't waste my $$$ though] then it would be Red. Ferraris look best Red.

Yes, I've had three white vehicles.
'74 Caprice Classic...White paint/Red Landau Vinyl Top/Red interior. Was my Mom's car first. Then I got it cheap and drove it for a while when she got another.
'79 T-Bird...White Hard Top/Burgundy Interior. It was my Mom's car and I only had it for a short while after she got another. I almost forget about this car 'cause I had it for such a short time before I sold it.
'01 Lexus RX300...Pearl White paint w/gold metallic and Tan & Mocha Interior and the Lexus Gold Pkg.

Buying cars cheap from parents is a good way to buy cars. Always well maintained(at Dad's ESSO/EXXON Shop) and I drove them for a while.

White is the color of basic vehicle fleets... Owned an Explorer in white and never fell in love with it. That said, it hid most light dirt and salt well, and was cooler in the summer. Flipside, it blended into the snow.

My only new car purchase was a 1995 Subaru Legacy LS wagon. I wanted white.
When I sat down, the man said, "Does it have to be white?". He didn't even have any! I went with dark blue -the 'almost universal color'.

There's a car design adage which says, "..a car that looks good in white is well designed". ....can't cite the source.

Uncle's '69 Oldsmobile Delta 88 2 door was white with black interior and that car was THE HOTTEST in Summer. I think the paint bent the light towards the glass.

edit: The first article is clear and in order.
The second article (used car colors) is a muddled read and not very informative.

Last edited:
Yes, my Sienna is white. Some vehicles look right with certain colors IMHO, a minivan doesn‘t suit well in red. While luxury cars look classy in silver. Sports cars look great in red. White seems the most neutral and fits anything well.

My father mentioned this decades ago and after observing, I kinda agree. When you‘re parked in a sea of vehicles, a white color seems easier to spot. For example at Disney when ”all” the cars were rentals and looked the same, I could better guess where my car was among all the black, blues, reds, silvers, etc.

When living in Great Falls city vehicles were white. In winter black and grey looked better because of the dark slush after snowing. IMO certain cars look their best in white. For example, the 06- 13 Chevy Impala I mentioned in a recent thread.

When you are in the desert a white vehicle is a blessing. I drove a white pickup to Vegas once with non op AC.
It was over 100*. It wasn't great but I survived.

White would be ok if I got a good deal on a used car. But I probably wouldn’t pick it on a new car. Seems cheap to me. My old Cherokee is white though.

Yes! except a base Japanese car. White cars are built with leftover parts and the engines not quite up to snuff.

Now, What is it with all the charcoal and ash grey cars lately?

White is typically titanuim so yo can say your car is coated with titanium dioxide, or more commonly - Toothpaste whitener.

Would you buy a new vehicle in white??

I only ever bought one and it was a 97 Dodge Stratus 5 spd.
Absolutely, 2 of our 3 vehicles are white. I much prefer pearl or metallic flake rather than just dull white though. Dull white looks soulless.

Absolutely most definitely.

I've owned red, green, silver, white, black, brown, blue and white/silver holds up super well over time and is by far the best color to own for low maintenance life. Doesn't easily show scratches, dents, dings and fade.

Take it through the automatic car wash and you'd be hard press to find scratches a few feet away but with black you're screwed. I'll never take a new black vehicle through an automatic car wash ever again after my first experience. I do that with white and silver all the time with no issue.

I didn't know to take care of my new black 97 f150 but this time around with my 21 escalade I'm being more careful. I hand wash and wax it properly which i kind of loathe but better to loathe the work than loathe the damage and cost to get it professionally fixed.

Back