White condensation Foam in oil cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2002 Buick with a 3800 super charged engine.
I just changed the oil yesterday and noticed for the first time the above mentioned oily foam. Not alot but some. This is a first. I am thinking the fact that it has been extremely cold and the filler neck is very high up from the lifters that it allows this to form.

Your thoughts?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I just changed the oil yesterday and noticed for the first time the above mentioned oily foam. Not alot but some. This is a first. I am thinking the fact that it has been extremely cold and the filler neck is very high up from the lifters that it allows this to form.

Your thoughts?

Yes its condensation, I see you too are from MI, short trips or even longer ones where the oil is not getting up to temp is why your seeing this,no concern.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: ZZman

Your thoughts?

Yes its condensation, I see you too are from MI, short trips or even longer ones where the oil is not getting up to temp is why your seeing this,no concern.

+1, Agreed, quite normal, no worries

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
if you see this in winter , its normal, if you see this in summer you have a problem.

Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back