Which would you choose? (Volvo XC70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$23.88 for 5 quarts of 0w40 M1 at wally world.

+

$5-6 each for mahle brand OE filter online

=

win

--------

$20 filters are never free in those deals.

I actually just picked up a Mahle filter to get an order for other parts over the $50 free shipping minimum from fcpeuro. Now that I see it in person I think it's a pretty good design, albeit perhaps a bit less sophisticated than other implementations, the amount of media crammed in there looks to be more than many others, and the internal plastic grid is actually snug to the media, unlike several others I was looking at with a large gap between the media and the plastic back-drop.

Last edited:
I don't know where you guys are getting filters up to $11.99 from... That must be AZ which is why I don't go there anymore. At Advance any M1 filter is included in the OC special. I just picked up a $20 M1 cartridge filter for my Tundra there tonight along with 5 quarts of M1 as part of the special.
If you don't want to run M1 filters that's another story, but any M1 filter can be included in the M1 OC special at advance auto parts right now

This is from AAP's site. Looks like the M1 filters are up to $16.99 which isn't quite as bad (excluding the gift card rebate). I thought all filters were capped at $11.99.

You aren't the first one here to say AAP is lenient about their filter specials though, but technically they should have charged you extra for that $20 filter.

Quote:
Oil Change Specials include: Driveworks filters valued up to $11.99, Purolator Classic filters valued up to $11.99, Purolator PureONE filters valued up to $11.99, K&N filters valued up to $16.99, Mobil 1 filters valued up to $16.99. Oil Change Specials are limited to five per transaction. Oil Change Special rebates are limited to two per household. Oil is available for in-store pickup only. All sale prices and offers on this page are in effect through July 1, 2015.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
This is from AAP's site. Looks like the M1 filters are up to $16.99 which isn't quite as bad (excluding the gift card rebate). I thought all filters were capped at $11.99.

You aren't the first one here to say AAP is lenient about their filter specials though, but technically they should have charged you extra for that $20 filter.

Until July 1st at Advance it's ANY M1 filter with the M1 OC special. They weren't lenient or give me a deal. It's clearly written in page 2 of their monthly flyer that runs up to 7/1/2015.
Notice it has the words "AND ANY MOBIL 1 Oil Filter" in all CAPs. Here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9592432@N02/19116082112/?edited=1

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/aap-flyer

Wow I missed that. That is a pretty good deal then.

I just bought 3 Mahle filters for her car, but I might have to jump on this one for the rebate. I could use an extra jug of 0w40 anyways.

Last edited:
Yeah that is an AWSOME deal. That's why I jumped on it last night. you're almost getting any M1 filter for free with that deal, even when you compare to Walmart prices. What's interesting is that the Flyer says that it includes M1, M1 HM, and M1 EP for same price of $29.99. last time I checked 5 quarts of M1 EP was running around $28.68 at Walmart (without any M1 filters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back