Which type of brake line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reasoning can be made for using cheap junk parts in every case but its mostly false. If someone is keeping the car more than a few years it pays to use high quality materials especially on high labor job like that.

I can't count how many parts I've had to replace more than once because the aftermarket stuff just keeps getting worse in quality.

I will 100% disagree with everyone that said to buy the cheap stuff. Maybe take the chance on your own stuff but don't give out advice like that to others.

In my example I wanted something better quality but got ripped off. IDK if there's some patent on that line or if it's genuinely hard to make the alloy. I'm also suspicious that the B&M parts stores near me charge rip off prices... how I got in this pickle.

When I worked at a tire shop plenty of people thought their six-year old Corolla was near its end-of-life and they only wanted the cheapest horrible tires, so I know that short sighted point-of-view.

Yeah unfortunately that happens a lot on ebay. I buy a lot of cable from a good US based seller that sells only USA brand name 100% copper wire, some others sell copper plated aluminum for almost the same price. Crooks.

I used some sort of green coated brake lines on the last vehicle I had to replace them on. They looked really good. However that car did get parted out after a winter of driving so I don't know how the lines held up. They are what I will likely use if I ever have to replace any on my cars now. Hopefully that won't be for a while because I'm very thorough with the oil spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back