Which oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be changing the oil on my 07 sierra 5.3 in a few days and im in a debate between pp, gc, or m1. i drive my truck fairly hard and it averages about 30-45mins of idling per day. i live in nh where it gets cold so i need stuff good for cold starting. price isnt a huge concern. which oil would be best. (im leaning more towards pp or gc as apposed to m1)

GO GC, good additive package, stout and probably the only 0w that you could beat up a little ie. towing, carrying loads etc. +like you said cold weather hearty. Hit up AUTOZONE and pick it up w/K&N filter for $30. (ends Jan 15th)

Could you simplify things and use
GC in all your vehicles
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: trabuccomlfrd
Thanks how much is gc per qt at the zone?

$7.99, It ain't cheap the deal is for (5 qt's+[filter up to $16.99] for $29.99) so I am not sure how many extra you will need or it would probably be the best deal out of the oils you mentioned. I am going to try it I think just to try it.

Last edited:
im going to go with gc since i just read such great things about it, this will be the first time with synthetic in the truck and it has 50,000 miles on it, i am aware gc is capable of 10,000 oci's but since this will be the first time what should this oci be? (look to the first post for driving conditions)

im going to go with gc since i just read such great things about it, this will be the first time with synthetic in the truck and it has 50,000 miles on it, i am aware gc is capable of 10,000 oci's but since this will be the first time what should this oci be? (look to the first post for driving conditions)

1st time for synthetic in the truck? You show PP in the signature for it?

I live in Southern NH as well and I have never seen GC in these parts. Where did you locate it?

I would just run the PP 5W-30.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

1st time for synthetic in the truck? You show PP in the signature for it?

I live in Southern NH as well and I have never seen GC in these parts. Where did you locate it?

I would just run the PP 5W-30.

my last oil change was the first time using a regular grade syn like pp what i meant was it will be the first time using a high quality euro syn oil like gc. according to other users they sell it at auto zone

my last oil change was the first time using a regular grade syn like pp what i meant was it will be the first time using a high quality euro syn oil like gc. according to other users they sell it at auto zone

They don't always have the same items at all of the stores. Not saying you won't find it but I have never seen it in this area before. I have looked for it just to see who had it and how much it was( no personal interest in using it )and never found it anywhere here including AutoZone. Maybe I just missed it?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

They don't always have the same items at all of the stores. Not saying you won't find it but I have never seen it in this area before. I have looked for it just to see who had it and how much it was( no personal interest in using it )and never found it anywhere here including AutoZone. Maybe I just missed it?
21.gif

i havent looked personally, but according to other users they sell it at the zone and it costs $7.99qt, ill find out when i go later today

I would go with anything but GC until you are finished with your warrenty. The last time I checked GC did not meet GM'S recommended specs.

I cant ever find GC in my so Indiana area, but id go Edge in the reccomended grade, its great oil and is on the thin side, atleast it is in the 5w20 grade

i havent looked personally, but according to other users they sell it at the zone and it costs $7.99qt, ill find out when i go later today

I understand what you are saying but I think you missed my point. Not all AutoZones will carry the same inventory in every store. You may have to search around to find one with the GC. Just because AZ the company carries it does not mean every store will have it in stock is my point. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back