Which oil for HONDA D engine?

How about oil for big trucks like Mobil Delvac? My old CRX with 1.6 vtec engine liked Delvac oil.
I ran Delo XLE 10w30 a lot in mine and always did well but now it's getting a lot harder to find as they are shifting back to 15w40. I found when running this oil I experienced some of the lowest oil consumption than when using other motor oil. The Honda D series is not really picky at all when it comes to which oil you use, I have 2x Civic HX's w/ D16y5 200k+ miles and currently using 5w30 PP HM and Valvoline FS Maxlife in the other.

My '99 seems to like the older formulation of PP but since they changed it to Pure Plus it seems to consume more and I'm not the only who has noticed this, my other one I had the Vtec solenoid gasket replaced along with the PCV valve and they replaced the oil filter so I lost 1/2 qt right there and they didn't top it off where it was so this oil change I can't really get a good number. I've been tracking the consumption to keep an eye on it and to compare the different oil which is how I know that the Delo so far for me has performed the best in that regard.

It's actually hard to kill these motors as long as you keep the oil changed somewhat frequently and topped off, the Y series (Y5,Y7,Y8, etc...) is more susceptible to spinning a bearing but those are typically abused and/or beat to death, in the Z engines the crank has the oil holes for the rods drilled all the way through so when the crank spins around it's actually oiling on both sides, with the Y engine it only oils the one side as it spins.

Hi,
Which oil is better for my '96 Civic with D14A4 engine, Europe model?

Now I'm using 5W-40 API SN, ACEA A3/B4, but many people's suggest me that's better to use 5W-30 ILSAC GF-5 or GF-6A.

mannual recommend API SG or above 🙂
Continue using what you are using. Honda engines to like the higher levels of ZDDP found in Euro oils. If you look into European manuals they recommend exactly what you're using with API of SL

What do yo think about 5W-30 at winter and 10W-40 at summer?
Or 5W-30 year round?

The question we need to ask is what do the people actually know about engines/ oil that are saying 5W-30? I find most people giving in advise are just regurgitating what some article or video promotes. The problem is people can not discern those that actually know from those that don't.

The question we need to ask is what do the people actually know about engines/ oil that are saying 5W-30? I find most people giving in advise are just regurgitating what some article or video promotes. The problem is people can not discern those that actually know from those that don't.
Your opinion about which oil i need?
I live in Europe, temperature mild winters and summer average 35°C

D series engines will do 300k on just about anything. They are not finicky like the B or K series. Even at high rpm as some have stated. Any ACEA or API x-30w will outlast the rest of the car. I ran 5w-30 and 10w-30 in my D16 for many, many years.

BITD in the UK it was generally accepted that a 10W-40 oil of a relevant API spec was suitable for the D series, and in the gearbox. I'd pick up something like a 10W-40 A3/B4 and move on.

Here is the same story 🙂
Some people saying that ILSAC 5W-30 is better, so i was confused.

It doesn't matter that much at this point, anything you use is probably synthetic or at least Group III. Any 0/5W-30/40 is going to be fine here. I'd consider a 0W-40 like Mobil 1 or a HM oil like MaxLife, which is available in both 5W-30 and 5W-40 in parts of Europe...

Back