Which jump pack?

I probably should have one of these. I was looking at the Gooloo gp4000 or NOCO alpha 85. Does anyone here have experience with either of these? If you have one what are you using and how well has it worked for you. I have a 4 cylinder Honda, Lexus gx and keep a work van at our home. I was thinking of getting one that can handle a larger vehicle.

I have the Gooloo 4000 and a Clore jump n carry, the Gooloo is a better product. The 4000 will start almost any vehicle inc smaller diesels in cold weather, it has good battery life. Very pleased with it and highly recommend it.

I saw the project farm post, that’s what got me thinking I should have one. I almost ordered the Gp4000 last night for $148. I didn’t know much about it or if there was something better. I didn’t want to be impulsive and regret it. It’s $188 today. I should have bought it last night.

I saw the project farm post, that’s what got me thinking I should have one. I almost ordered the Gp4000 last night for $148. I didn’t know much about it or if there was something better. I didn’t want to be impulsive and regret it. It’s $188 today. I should have bought it last night.
You can get it through WalMart.com for $99 (fulfilled directly from Gooloo) with free shipping today if you are OK with the orange one instead of the yellow one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GOOLOO-4...x-All-Gas-up-to-10-0L-Diesel-Engine/613590417

I bought one on December 18th because of the great price.

I would get a name brand and larger mAh than what you need.

Go to www.camelcamelcamel.com
You can watch how Amazon raises and lowers the prices daily, weekly, monthly.
Put in a price watch and they will email you when the price drops.

Someone here suggested that to me. Again I say, "thank you".

I have this which is fine for starting something in good condition and that will start in a few seconds,

s-l1600.jpg

but more often than not, I have something that's been sitting for months, or may not even have the battery installed. For that I use this traditional box,

81cgCdaIuFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Some of these reviews on the gp4000 are confusing. People say it will start a completely dead battery and others say it absolutely will not. I need something that will start a stone cold dead battery. Also needs to fit or stay on the car.

I've also had good luck wirh the previous darling: the big Audew.

Then PF did a new vid and everyone was suddenly GaGa for the GooLoo. The Audew has become difficult to get on Amazon but easy directly from their website.

I'm not saying the Audew is better, merely that the interest in these flows like the news cycle and what's hot today is forgotten tomorrow. I also have a GooLoo but have had no occasion to use it yet.

I probably should have one of these. I was looking at the Gooloo gp4000 or NOCO alpha 85. Does anyone here have experience with either of these? If you have one what are you using and how well has it worked for you. I have a 4 cylinder Honda, Lexus gx and keep a work van at our home. I was thinking of getting one that can handle a larger vehicle.

Not to be pedantic, but are you asking about a NOCO model, or the Hulkman Alpha 85? If the former, I've got a NOCO Boost Pro for work, and a GB50 at home. They've both seen fairly limited use, but have done their job when called upon.

The only thing I would change about both of them is their use of Micro USB rather than USB C for charging. It looks like NOCO has addressed this in their "Boost X" line.

Have had a GooLoo 4000 since last February since both cars are 5 years old now. I have AAA but if it’s just a depleted battery why would anyone want to wait. I have used it twice on other’s cars, the last time being last week at the dentist’s office. A woman with a child in the parking lot waiting for her teenaged daughter to finish her appointment had her car stall and not re-start.

They are easy to stash away and weigh a fraction of the old jump starters.

Not to be pedantic, but are you asking about a NOCO model, or the Hulkman Alpha 85? If the former, I've got a NOCO Boost Pro for work, and a GB50 at home. They've both seen fairly limited use, but have done their job when called upon.

The only thing I would change about both of them is their use of Micro USB rather than USB C for charging. It looks like NOCO has addressed this in their "Boost X" line.
Yes Hulkman. I must have been looking at the Noco at some point. Gooloo gp4000 and Hulkman alpha 85. I had to watch the project farm video with the sound off last night while I’m a hotel. I googled reviews for jump start packs. To me the top three that came up the most were Gooloo, hulkman and noco.

I ending up buying a Gooloo gt4000. My employer has several dead service vans in the parking lot. I couldn’t think of a better way to test it out this weekend. My son loves the light and he charged his oculus, just to see if it works.

It's tiny, and I bought it for my generators - the one time I needed it - it saved my bacon! The silly little TackLife for $50 held a 98% charge for 3 years (Charged Nov 2019!)

TACKLIFE T8 800A Peak 18000mAh Car Jump Starter (up to 7.0L Gas, 5.5L Diesel engine) with LCD Screen, USB Quick Charge, 12V Auto Battery Booster, Port

I don't even know if they make the Chineseum thing anymore. BUT my main point is, choose one that holds a good charge!!
Bad link. Here's one that works. Price has gone up enough to make the higher output option maybe the better options.

ETA I don't know why it says robot or human instead of the link but it's the link and works.

Which one does Eric O use? At 43 seconds into the video, he's using a jump pack; which one is it?

Which one does Eric O use? At 43 seconds into the video, he's using a jump pack; which one is it?

I dunno but he's obviously not concerned with getting it off the batt once started. I was always taught to remove them immediately (or within 30 seconds) so they weren't taking a charge from the alternator which could be a fire hazard....?

Back