Project Farm - Tests Jump Starters

i just ordered a GooLoo GT4000. It’s one of a few models now that claim it has an on-board battery heater. Uses some battery power to heat itself up.

The last few times I’ve tried a jump starter it’s been well below 0F and they’ve never worked. Hopefully this will eliminate the need to bring it inside to warm up.

i just ordered a GooLoo GT4000. It’s one of a few models now that claim it has an on-board battery heater. Uses some battery power to heat itself up.

The last few times I’ve tried a jump starter it’s been well below 0F and they’ve never worked. Hopefully this will eliminate the need to bring it inside to warm up.
I had not considered that. Let us know how it works, or maybe hope you don't need it!!

So odd, this thread started the other day. I dig jump starter out just to see it and lousy weather. No plug-in charger (boo) thing comes back to me so I order a charger etc (mentioned above still stuck somewhere)..... AND then I need it for my relatively NEW 9500 generator on Christmas day- which I bought actually for a different 5K generator. And the jump starter is still holding a 98% charge???

Now says: 97% charge.

Haha!

Last edited:

Years ago Milwaukee mentioned in their user manuals their batteries would vibrate when cold to heat themselves up. I never experienced it and I doubt that feature still exists. It was one of those odd things no one ever talked about ......

I had not considered that. Let us know how it works, or maybe hope you don't need it!!

So odd, this thread started the other day. I dig jump starter out just to see it and lousy weather. No plug-in charger (boo) thing comes back to me so I order a charger etc (mentioned above still stuck somewhere)..... AND then I need it for my relatively NEW 9500 generator on Christmas day- which I bought actually for a different 5K generator. And the jump starter is still holding a 98% charge???

Now says: 97% charge.

Haha!
This review says it comes with both an AC charger and Cig charger just make sure it's in ON position when charging . I can't believe it can start a battery 30 times on a full charge , impressive. I have a Tacklife tire inflator that I'm pretty happy with and cost less than $20 .

This review says it comes with both an AC charger and Cig charger just make sure it's in ON position when charging . I can't believe it can start a battery 30 times on a full charge , impressive. I have a Tacklife tire inflator that I'm pretty happy with and cost less than $20 .
Probably too late to chase it now

I’m in line at the post office to pick up the charger 🤪

I was in the post office. But they are closed (yes door WAS open), so I left. A bunch of people still standing there! Crazzzzzzzzzy
I had to look this up because I was wondering why the Stock Market was closed .

If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the Friday immediately before is the legal holiday. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is the legal holiday.

I had to look this up because I was wondering why the Stock Market was closed .

If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the Friday immediately before is the legal holiday. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is the legal holiday.
There were a LOT of people still standing there. Not one sign posted about being closed, and the door was open. Somebody screwed up or something. That's what I thought was particularly crazy.

There were a LOT of people still standing there. Not one sign posted about being closed, and the door was open. Somebody screwed up or something. That's what I thought was particularly crazy.
Sounds like my employer . A few weeks ago we didn't have Monday (today) off . Then the company decides to gives us Monday off and my boss didn't tell everyone . Well luckily I found out thru the grapevine and didn't drive to work this morning .

Back