Where's the fuel filter forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? Where's the appropriate forum for fuel filters? I'll post here since it seems to be where the filtration geeks hang out (no offense intended), but feel free to send me somewhere else if appropriate.

For my truck, the stuff affected by my oil filter is just about bulletproof compared to the stuff affected by my fuel filter. The first generation of Duramax's had more than their fair share of injector failures, and I want the best filtration possible - first with the factory spin-on, and eventually with secondary filtration.

Any pointers?

For the factory spin-on, the diesel site I'm on has a generally high opinion of Baldwin, but they're made in China now. Who makes a good diesel filter these days?

Dunno...

don't get it wrong, or you'll have people whining at you to make your point invalid.

4 micron is horrible. I install alot of Dahl 2 micron systems and they work VERY well. I also use baldwin spinons for all fuel systems.

The Dahl will allow you to use different replacement filters to achieve your filtering needs. 10,12, and 2 micron are available. I highly reccomend the 2 micron for the duramax, cummins, and PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back