Where has all the Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck Gone

There doesn’t appear to be any anywhere in my area. Other HDEO oils seem to be thin in inventory too. What’s going on? (Sorry if this has been discussed before. I’ve been away for some time)

In some regions HDEO has been flying off the shelves as soon as the stores get it back in stock, seems to be some sort of general supply chain issues like many products these days.

There doesn’t appear to be any anywhere in my area. Other HDEO oils seem to be thin in inventory too. What’s going on? (Sorry if this has been discussed before. I’ve been away for some time)

That is why with everything that is going on people like myself stocked up on oil, I am good for the next 6 oil changes. The oil hoarders on here must be sitting back and smiling.

It’s time to look for other options and extend beyond Walmart.

I was at menards today and had to check out the oil. I don’t typically shop there as the closest store is ~30 miles away. They pretty much had everything minus 10w30 T5. They did have T4 in both weights though.

My local NAPA has a decent selection too.

It’s time to look for other options and extend beyond Walmart.

I was at menards today and had to check out the oil. I don’t typically shop there as the closest store is ~30 miles away. They pretty much had everything minus 10w30 T5. They did have T4 in both weights though.

My local NAPA has a decent selection too.
I can’t use T4. My car requires Synth oil. Did they have any T6?

I think the Valvoline 5w40 is synth. The 15w40 is blend, I used both for a long time before I switched to Kirkland. Always seemed to hold up well in my uoa's

I can’t use T4. My car requires Synth oil. Did they have any T6?
Unless it really needs a full syn, T4 will be fine because it's actually a syn blend. It just might be missing some additives because it doesn't have the Triple Protection PLUS that the T5 and T6 variants have because it's missing the PLUS part of that.

One of my oil reps told me the HDEO supply chain issues are related to a zinc shortage. This particular company has secured enough materials to keep up with existing customers until end of December and they don’t know after that.

I saw a video the other day and the guy claimed that the additive package for diesel oil is out of stock and will be out of stock due to mineral shortages for 6-12 months. He claimed only two companies make the additive packages , lubrizol and chevron.

He claimed that this would and could be a SHTF event due to trucking shortages and major food and gas shortages from lack of deliveries …

Trucks have to be parked if they can’t get lubricants.

I saw a video the other day and the guy claimed that the additive package for diesel oil is out of stock and will be out of stock due to mineral shortages for 6-12 months. He claimed only two companies make the additive packages , lubrizol and chevron.

He claimed that this would and could be a SHTF event due to trucking shortages and major food and gas shortages from lack of deliveries …

Trucks have to be parked if they can’t get lubricants.
Wouldn't doubt this. Nothing surprises me anymore. Those folks thinking the economy -- and their general well-being -- are going to be getting better within the next year or two, are sadly mistaken. The next several years are going to be rough. Buckle up...

Reminds me ... I need to stock up once again on vehicle consumables, taking advantage of sale deals, now more than ever before. Moreover, I'll need to plan on another state lands firewood cutting permit, and start stocking up ASAP. I need to fell and split several cords. Ugh.

Last edited:
Back