Where does your username come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
My father, Karl.

Groucho, Captain Spualding and Wolf J Flywheel show up In Rob Zombie's latest Horror movie "The Devil's Rejects".

Not a bad flick...errrrm you get abused somewhat, but otherwise not bad.

I could not think of anything else. So KW it turned out to be for Kevin Williams. One day I'm going to join a list and be creative.

I started developing software on Unix about 25 yrs ago. Back then it was pretty much standard that your user name was your initials; in lower case letters. It really ticks me off when I register on a site where I can't get twb as my user name.

From my former Mercedes, a metallic grey 420SEL. The car and the color, and its nationality, started me thinking . . . "Car looks like a German battleship" . . . I'm its commander, I tell it where to cruise . . .

And so I became the Benzadmiral.

(The grey car was nicknamed the Tirpitz, sister ship to the famous Bismarck. I never did a vanity plate for "Tirpitz" because most idiots wouldn't know it, and would be asking me, "Why'd yuh name yore car Tar Pits?")

-- Paul W.

^^^ If you had a "Tirpitz" vanity plate, they wouldn't jokely tease with "Tar pits" , they jokely would say "Hiel Hitler!".

I was just joking, please don't hate me. I've met some current German sailors and they are very nice.

There have been mopars in our family since before I was born. An aunt always drove Dodges, her brother had Plymouths, his son-in-law had Desotos. There has always been a Chrysler product in our family as far back as I can remember. My name on several boards is oldmoparguy. That's what I used when I first signed up here in 03. Was away for several months. When I came back my login no longer worked so I created a new id.

More then you ever wanted to know.
shocked.gif

BTW, Local bait and tackle shop sells Mystik brand gas. Mystik is owned by Citco, which was originally the Cities Service brand.
tongue.gif

pastmaster....you had to work your way up from tiler. Impressive. I still don't know how those brothers that teach at least the first three degrees memorize all those teachings, especially the 7 steps....I can barely remember my name.
The word is true and I greet you as a brother (offers the sacred handshake of a Master Mason)

Freshman year, around my birthday, I got a pilonidal cyst. After having surgery, some friends starting making a joke. The surgery was basically just poking a hole in it, so they called me holy man, which made it's way to shaman..

Korean_redneck wrote, :

>

People who know some military history might, and they would if I'd used "Bismarck," because that ship is famous from the Johnny Horton song. But most New Orleans people I know have never heard of the Tirpitz. (Unless they build plastic models of famous warships. At least one company, Revell I think, used to have a scale model kit of the Tirpitz.)

I've yet to figure out what would make a good vanity plate for my gold/cream MB C230. SHUTLKRFT? Too many letters . . .

-- Paul

Mine is a shortened version of my given Lithuanian name, Kestutis ... kinda like shortening Robert to Rob. I use it on all other forums on the 'net.

Schmoe, Boaz and to all the Bros. Greetings!

Schmoe, as you know it is difficult. But today, memorization is a thing of the past. Most everything is written and on video. Kinda makes you wonder, but makes it easy. Not only here with The Grand Lodge of Michigan, but also in OZ, with The GL of NSW.
Always On The Level...PM
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back