Where can i find API SP?

I finally saw SP labeled product at my Walmart, though I assume that most stuff on the shelf is SN+ label with SP product.

Unfortunately, while there was a mix of SP and SN+ packaging for 5-quart containers of Mobil1, I did not see any SP packaging for single quarts.

I needed another quart for my oil change this month, but my OCD prevented me from picking up non-SP packaging. Silly, I know.

Relevant pic: because everyone likes a picture.
1C0F07C7-50E4-4F25-9B23-B744970CCC48.jpeg

May I ask which Walmart in CND did you find it?

Thank you

I finally saw SP labeled product at my Walmart, though I assume that most stuff on the shelf is SN+ label with SP product.

Unfortunately, while there was a mix of SP and SN+ packaging for 5-quart containers of Mobil1, I did not see any SP packaging for single quarts.

I needed another quart for my oil change this month, but my OCD prevented me from picking up non-SP packaging. Silly, I know.

Relevant pic: because everyone likes a picture.View attachment 26762

Would be interesting to see the voa. That store has a BOGO right now. 2 for $2.99. I might be tempted to give it a try.
I am confused. Your OP said you haven't found any yet, but if you don't look how can you find any?
Like I said, I'm not checking every single bottle and brand. I look as I go to the parts store and walmart and havent came across any. Figured it would be easier to find.

Relevant pic: because everyone likes a picture.View attachment 26762
Havent seen that bottle before either.

Walmart had a bunch of 5w20 in m1 EP in the new containers. Shelves were mostly wiped out, poor stocking at the local store.

All the Supertech at my local walmart was SP when I went Monday. I could imagine some of the other oils with less inventory turnover might still be SN+ but I didn't check.

I bought Mobil 1 extended high mileage at Walmart 8/1. I bought Valvoline at Blain’s Farm & Fleet couple days ago. All their 5 quart jugs were SP.

It was my understanding that most of the SN+ oil that has been on the shelves since late last year is actually SP.....just wasn't able to be labeled as such..

The Valvoline Full Syn with MaxLife 5W-20 I bought on Amazon in early July is SP actually. I only recently noticed and never bothered to check as I assumed it was left over SN+ being just over $11 at the time...

You may already have SP oil. Remember, the API didn't let the oil companies claim SP on the bottle before a certain date, but they may have reformulated them to meet the new SP standards before the official start of SP. I don't know how long the transition period is, or would be, but there is at least some.

d1g2 oils should already meet SP standards, and d1g2 is sufficient in a 2020 GM car

No car on the road yet requires SP, since it didn't exist at the time the cars were manufactured. That will probably start with the 2021 model year. Cars requiring SP won't need to buy SP oil or get an oil change with SP oil for at least 6 months, and even then, most of those oil changes will be done at the dealer. Therefore, finding SP in stores won't be relevant for at least a year (after new car owners stop getting their free oil changes)

No car on the road yet requires SP, since it didn't exist at the time the cars were manufactured. That will probably start with the 2021 model year. Cars requiring SP won't need to buy SP oil or get an oil change with SP oil for at least 6 months, and even then, most of those oil changes will be done at the dealer. Therefore, finding SP in stores won't be relevant for at least a year (after new car owners stop getting their free oil changes)
The only place currently that SP has been any help is for conventional, to meet SP/GF-6A requirements it appears that the oil manufacturers had to upgrade their conventional 5W20 and 5W30 offerings to synblend.

The only place currently that SP has been any help is for conventional, to meet SP/GF-6A requirements it appears that the oil manufacturers had to upgrade their conventional 5W20 and 5W30 offerings to synblend.

SN "conventional" was already synblend :)

Saw my first bottle of SP oil this afternoon at work, Castrol Edge 0w-20. Bottle graphics have changed just enough to look newer and fresher.

The Valvoline Full Syn with MaxLife 5W-20 I bought on Amazon in early July is SP actually. I only recently noticed and never bothered to check as I assumed it was left over SN+ being just over $11 at the time...
It carries an API starburst for SP, or list any lic # for GF6? Or does it simply say in words "meets or exceeds these specifications...." and "SP" was in the list?
Did API issue any licenses to any GF6 oil makers yet?

It was my understanding that most of the SN+ oil that has been on the shelves since late last year is actually SP.....just wasn't able to be labeled as such..
I think the oils meet the specs as tested by the oil maker, but not officially licensed to bear the marks as licensed by API.

^^^
The two Valvoline oils below meet GF-5, GF-6, SN Plus and dexos1 Gen2 specs. Look at their others oils, they probably mostly all meet those specs. Big oil companies are on stuff like this. Go to the oil manufactures spec sheets, they are there for a reason. :D

Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic

Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife

Just a FYI for all of ya Canuks in Ontario, Canada..

Emailed the distributor for M1 in Ontario, and they said they haven't started to ship the new GF-6/SP M1 yet as they are still needing to deplete the current inventory..

I asked, but they didnt have any ETD of when they will be out of the OLD and in with the NEW....

Back