When you use Fuel additives do you.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pour it in the tank?

Pour it in and then put some gas in to mix it up well?

**I like to pour it in and hit the gas station for some mixing.

Originally Posted By: ZZman

Yup. I actually pour mine in AT the gas station, and then fill up.

I pour it in at the gas station, before fill up.

Though when I tried to put some Redline SI-1 in my van, most of it ended up on the ground. Now I know better and bring a trans funnel. Bad bottle design meets bad filler neck design.

When I have about a quarter of a tank I go to the gas station and dump the additive in and then fill the tank. That way the ratio is right. By the time I shop and go home it is well mixed. It is about 10 miles to the station I use.

Yep, I pour in my Techron when the tank is near empty then fill the tank with gas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
I'll pour it in and then fill up with gas.

It's generally what the directions on the bottle advises as well.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
I'll pour it in and then fill up with gas.

It's generally what the directions on the bottle advises as well.

+1 and works well. However, if you use Isoheet (red) you can drop it in anytime. BTW Isoheet is excellent.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: ZZman

Yup. I actually pour mine in AT the gas station, and then fill up.

X2

In our last 4 vehicles have used mainly Lucas UCL or a mixture of Lucas UCL and MMO @ the rate of around 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of gasoline.

I always add it @ the pump before pumping. Carry the small Lucas UCL bottle in our vehicles about 1/2 full and when down around 10 gallons stop at the station and add the stuff then pump the fuel.

We just have started seeing virtually all stations here now with up to 10% Ethanol stickers on the pumps (all grades) because being close here to Florida where they require it state wide with some exceptions for aviation or boat use.

Think that UCL helps and by putting it in before pumping gets it mixed up good.

I add MMO at about 2 to 2.5 oz per each 10 gallons of fuel. I can usually tell pretty accurately how much I need to add by looking at my fuel gauge. I put in the MMO at the pump, then fill the tank with gas. I understand this is the best way for mixing any fuel additive.

Originally Posted By: hr1940
When I have about a quarter of a tank I go to the gas station and dump the additive in and then fill the tank. That way the ratio is right. By the time I shop and go home it is well mixed. It is about 10 miles to the station I use.

That is exactly what I do.

I generally add it at the pump, before fueling up. But I generally wait for the low fuel light to come on
wink.gif
Makes it easier to measure.

In fact, the majority of the additives will recommend this; adding the additive BEFORE fueling up....but I think SuperTech's Gas, Fuel Injector, and Carb/Injector cleaners state to fill up, then add it; go figure :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
I run straight additive.
crackmeup2.gif
You got the right display name.

The directions for Regane Complete say add to a nearly empty tank, fill, and run that treated tank as close to empty as possible before next refill. I add it at the gas station and generally follow that procedure.

That said, don't know as it makes a huge difference.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back