When will the Canadian border open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to tread carefully here to avoid politics but in case anyone was wondering when the Canadian border will re-open to tourism I have this to say. For those who didn’t know, the border crossing has been open only to commercial traffic. This applies in both directions. Canada is behind the USA on being “ fully vaccinated”, usually meaning two shots. We are at 65% for the first shot but only at 15% for “ fully vaccinated”.

The problem is we do not have a vaccine producing industry in Canada so at first we were unable to get the volumes required. However, since the USA is almost done with their’s we now are able to get all we need. Our vaccination rate for the 2nd shot is about 1% of the population every day. At that rate we’ll be done by September. Two weeks to a month after that I’m predicting the border will be opened. I believe the USA is already in favour of opening it up. Hope to see you soon!

Snag

Vaccine production is starting up in Canada at several facilities. Hopefully, the Bluejays can finally go home.

My wife and I enjoy our vacations in Canada, but have been missing our vacationing in the U.S. There's so much to see and do south of the border.

The US is very much in favor of opening it up, the resort Owners are in favor of opening it up as most of their business comes from the US and a lot of them are owned by US Citizens.

I should have stained the deck at my Canadian cottage in summer 2019. Weather didn't cooperate, so I figured what the heck, I can do it next year.

Thank goodness for my wonderful neighbors who keep an eye on the place. One friend did the annual ant spray for me, another cut up a fallen tree.

Hopefully the border restrictions loosen up before summer is over! I miss my happy place and all my Canadian friends!

I thought it opened? I've been seeing Canadaian plates on cars here going up and down 81. Not in the volumes as before, though.

I should have stained the deck at my Canadian cottage in summer 2019. Weather didn't cooperate, so I figured what the heck, I can do it next year.

Thank goodness for my wonderful neighbors who keep an eye on the place. One friend did the annual ant spray for me, another cut up a fallen tree.

Hopefully the border restrictions loosen up before summer is over! I miss my happy place and all my Canadian friends!

Where's the cabin in Canada? Rochester to Canada is a looong drive!

I thought it opened? I've been seeing Canadaian plates on cars here going up and down 81. Not in the volumes as before, though.

Where's the cabin in Canada? Rochester to Canada is a looong drive!
Just past Westport. 50 miles from the 1000 Islands crossing. 4.5 hours from home, not terrible, In fact, I've ridden my bike there twice. So now I can say it's just a bike ride away! (17 hour bike ride that is...) 🚴‍♀️

I thought the current closing is just until June 21st. Although they keep extending it by a month every time. Many places are opening up to vaccinated people, it would make sense for them to open up to the vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back