Wheeler Dealers, Ed China is leaving the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Legendary is good. I even like the son.

I wish Ed China was located around the block from me! He's worth his weight in gold.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
That's a shame. One of the few auto "fix-it" shows that wasn't full of tattoo'd meat-heads getting angry.

Well, hopefully the new guy and format won't be unwatchable.

its a whole another topic, why are all the auto mechanics heavily tattooed, with huge gross beards, plus the high drama of we have to get the engine installed by friday. do adults act like that?

As goes Top Gear, so goes Wheeler Dealers. The likelihood of finding someone with Edd's class, clarity and articulation is slim.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I'm a fan of Peter Klutt but his business and his show are very different from what Wheeler Dealers deals with.

I think I am not a fan of shows like Wheeler Dealers because it is too much like what I do everyday at work. Legendary on the other hand, wow. Peter's son Gary races in the NASCAR Pinty Series in Canada and ran in the Camping World Truck race at CTMP last year. They have a survivor Boss 429 on their page that I would buy in a heartbeat if I had a spare $295k.

How about Ted Vernon and his show, what do you think of it? I don't like it and he has complaints about him:

Link

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
How about Ted Vernon and his show, what do you think of it? I don't like it and he has complaints about him:

Link

I had never heard of him until clicking on that link just now.

South Beach Classics is the name of the show. He seems hard to negotiate with and admits he has a temper.

frown.gif
.Figures I like the show and watch it all the time.

Velocity really effed up on this one. The loss of Edd shuts down one of the best car shows around. Yes they are bringing in someone else but now it's a goner. RIP Wheeler Dealers.

Nothing lasts forever. Bummer. I've only watched an episode or two, but Ed was worth watching.

Wonder if he'll just join old Top Gear (middle Top Gear? it was not the same first time around) and find someone else to pick him up, on something of the same program-type.

The british version of top gear is back on amazon prime streaming have been enjoying that.

I like wheeler dealer, that was a well put together show.

I think they may very well be causing the shows demise because of greed. They mentioned costs was higher than management thinks it should be. NUTS.. Ed Hayes

Originally Posted By: expat
Has anybody seen Edd's farewell vieo on youtube?

The guy has class!
01.gif

http://sniffpetrol.com/2017/03/22/edd-china-reveals-real-reason-for-wheeler-dealers-departure/
WheelerDealers.jpg

Edd China reveals real reason for Wheeler Dealers departure

Posted in News by Sniff Petrol on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017

Edd China is to leave the hit TV programme Wheeler Dealers after admitting that he can’t understand a single word Mike Brewer says.

‘For 14 years Edd hasn’t followed anything that’s come out of Mike’s mouth,’ said a source close to the 7’8” gloves wearer. ‘He’s basically spent the last 13 series’ just smiling and nodding, and then fitting some new wheels and hoping that’s okay.’

‘Edd tried his best to understand what Mike was on about, but he was never sure if it was some kind of East London patois or if he’d had a stroke,’ another friend of the 9’10” standing-underneath-cars fan revealed. ‘In most cases he’d just say “absolutely” and then de-cloud the headlights and hope that was alright.’

‘Edd is looking forward to moving on to new projects involving his three passions,’ revealed a producer who worked with the 11’4” too-many-consonants enthusiast. ‘Which is to say, cars, engineering, and being able to have conversations in which he’s not just saying “uh-huh, uh-huh” and hoping the other person goes away soon.’

China has publically wished his replacement, Ant Anstead, the best of luck whilst privately he has emailed him details of a Linguaphone course for Cock-er-nee along with a note reading, ‘This probably won’t work so just give a thumbs up and bury your head in the engine bay until he’s gone’.

Wheeler Dealers will continue on the Velocity Channel who bought the format for an unusually low price, re-built the cylinder heads, had it re-sprayed and sold it for a profit margin that didn’t really seem to account for all the work put into it.

Apparently there is some car show with a dude that wear a bandana and calls himself "The Count" or something. Anyway he was in buying a car or truck and someone told me. Never heard of him before, wouldn't have known him if I ran into him on the sidewalk. He seemed annoyed I didn't recognize him.

Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers had a special quirk about them that made them work. For Top Gear, it was the commrodery between Clarkson, May, and Hammond. For Wheeler Dealers, it was Edd's humble, thoughtful, and incredibly insightful approach to the repairs.

How difficult is it to see these formulas work and work well, and leave them alone? Wheeler Dealers was the only thing on Velocity I could stand to watch, as it was a good show.

Quote:
commrodery

I hope OED adds this word to their dictionary next time they update it, it obviously should have been there in the first place. This describes the intent perfectly regardless of the spelling of the original word :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back